The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You do get five, but you can only use four for medicine.
Reply 2
Original post by JBLondon
You do get five, but you can only use four for medicine.

thanks, I know. Why are only 4 for medicine?
Reply 3
It's so weird isn't it. I think it's so your 5th choice can be a back up course like biomed or something if medicine falls through.
Original post by Octopus97

Because of the sheer competitiveness of medicine. Its to help cut down the number of applications each med school receives and make it easier to process them all.
Original post by ForestCat
Because of the sheer competitiveness of medicine. Its to help cut down the number of applications each med school receives and make it easier to process them all.

It's * :wink:
Reply 6

Do any other courses have the same rule? For example, Dentistry and Law are also very competitive, do applicants have 4 choices as well?
Original post by Amedic
Do any other courses have the same rule? For example, Dentistry and Law are also very competitive, do applicants have 4 choices as well?

Dentistry and vet medicine are also restricted to four applications per cycle, I think. Law definitely isn't. :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by painandpride15

Spoiler

Original post by Octopus97

Maybe because med schools tend to interview, which is time-consuming?

Well, you do belong to the TSR Support Team :wink:
I think for a few reasons.
Firstly, medicine is a very very competitive course. You generally need a minimum of AAA to be in with a shot. These are very good grades, yet a lot of people won't get in to do medicine. However, these are clearly clever and acedemic people who would do well at uni, thus by having a fifth choice they are likely to still to get to go to uni if they wish.
Also, medicine is a time consuming course to pick applicants for, it involves tests and interviews, and by reducing the number of choices you are decreasing the number of students slightly that apply for each med school, thus reducing the time and cost.
Well you do belong to the TSR support team so :wink:

And I fulfilled my role by providing the OP with the answer to their question.

And technically, ending a sentence with a smiley is no substitute for using punctuation. :tongue:

And technically, ending a sentence with a smiley is no substitute for using punctuation. :tongue:

Fulfilling your role by providing the OP with the answer to their question with the use of correct punctuation is always highly valued. :tongue:
Fulfilling your role by providing the OP with the answer to their question with the use of correct punctuation is always highly valued. :tongue:

Actually I highly doubt anyone but yourself cares. But as this is completely derailing the OP's thread, I shall direct you again to my previous gif and leave it there.

Sorry Pain and Pride Police get a life she isn't a teacher.
Original post by chikane
Sorry Pain and Pride Police get a life she isn't a teacher.

You don't have to be a teacher to make correct use of "it's" and "its". I would hope members of the TSR Support Team can use correct punctuation. Anyways, back to the OP. :smile:
Reply 18
Well, you do belong to the TSR Support Team :wink:

Your sentence should end with a full stop. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
You sentence should end with a full stop. :smile:

Your sentence * . :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending