The Student Room Group

BBC News: Migrant crisis - UN says Europe is 'on cusp of self-induced crisis'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Lol you want me to take orders from you? I already do more than enough for my fellow Syrians. I wish I could do more but can't right now :frown: it breaks my heart knowing what's happening. People starving and dying on a daily basis

No don't orders from me. Just be honest to yourself.

What you wouldn't want, don't force others to take it. - confucius

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Good bloke
What nonsense. Moslems do not abandon Islam as a rule. They will be just as superstitious if they move to Europe as they are in Syria, and the problems we already have with non-integration demonstrate this.

More nonsense. You cannot put more pressure on a country's leader than to besiege the area of the country he is living in. He is not concerned at the emigration; he is concerned with the insurgents attacking him.

Your arithmetic is just as nonsensical as your other statements. There were about 1.3 million claims for refugee status in the EU last year. 0.00001% of that is about an eighth of a person. I think there were rather more rapists and terrorists among them than that, don't you? Exaggerating figures so ridiculously does you no credit and devalues your argument.

You're speaking nonsense and putting words in my mouth.

I'm saying they reject ISLAMIC STATE CULTURE over ours, not Islamic culture. And so far the integration hasn't been that bad, its mostly Islamophobia and hatred towards refugees that is causing violence.

You misunderstand my Assad point. The point is that his population is leaving, they are rejecting him as a leader in Syria - which is pressuring him to step down. Not by much, but a significant amount.

And your arithmetic is pretty flawed too, 1,300,000 x 0.0001 = 130 people, which is roughly on the same order of magnitude of those causing sex attacks and committing terrorist attacks.

So quit it and stop being a racist isolationist.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HucktheForde
No don't orders from me. Just be honest to yourself.

What you wouldn't want, don't force others to take it. - confucius

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're dictating to me what I do with my money and house,that is taking orders. I donate In the hundreds
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alcohonick

And you're taking my words literally, the 99.999% to 0.0001% is just for visualising, obviously I'm not quoting figures.

On the contrary, you obviously are quoting figures. Anyway, taking you at your word, how is one to visualise an eighth of a person?
Original post by queen-bee
You're dictating to me what I do with my money and house,that is taking orders. I donate In the hundreds,whilst you on the other probably don't bother donating a penny because you're too busy profiling their religion or skin colour. Sickening really!

You gave us that idea dear. I just want to see if people are willing to put money in their mouth. And they are not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys if any on you live in London,I'll be doing a lot of fundraising campaigns for Syrian children most , before I move away from london. If you know of any ideas do PM. I'll be hosting a a lot of belly dancing events,as many middle eastern wedding are due this spring/summer, as I return to full time belly dancing again once I leave hospital just to get me back on track and hopefully use the money earnt to give to aid organisations. Thank you
On the contrary, you obviously are quoting figures. Anyway, taking you at your word, how is one to visualise an eighth of a person?

Look at my edited post.

130,000,000 x 0.0001 is 130. I revise my number from 0.000001 to 0.0001 and suddenly my point is on par and on the same magnitude as the number of people who have committed sex attacks or terrorist offences among the population.

Your entire post falls apart if I revise my figure to something which wasn't just me punching my keyboard with numbers.

The point is, 0.0001% of the immigrants are causing problems, and we should suddenly deport another 129,999,870 people because someone associated with them committed crimes? Come on, wake up.
You gave us that idea dear. I just want to see if people are willing to put money in their mouth. And they are not

Posted from TSR Mobile

So donate or don't. I donate in the hundreds every month. You don't get to tell me what I do with my own property or money. Do your bit or don't and stop interfering in others lives
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheArtofProtest
A demonstration to the world that their speech is not simply hot air, and that they accept responsibility for the promotion of concepts which they feel are universal values.

This notion that you cannot sympathize or empathize with refugees without giving away all your material possessions is nonsense.

My right to speak in favour of refugees is neither negated nor diminished by the material possessions I hold. This permeating right-wing discourse that one must act or be a refugee to speak for or on behalf of refugees is not only ridiculous, but it subverts the rights of people to highlight and speak of the systematic oppression that such minorities face.

Europe has already demonstrated it to the world that they host more refugees than saudi ****ing arabia, to the extent of social unrest. from now on They are just showing the world how stupid they are.

Your right to speak for the refugees is just hot air now since its not backed by real substantial action, unlike the European union. I would advise you to get something done. Good to see a few refugees living in house tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Europe has already demonstrated it to the world that they host more refugees than saudi ****ing arabia, to the extent of social unrest. from now on They are just showing the world how stupid they are.

Your right to speak for the refugees is just hot air now since its not backed by real substantial action, unlike the European union. I would advise you to get something done. Good to see a few refugees living in house tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you been personally attacked by any refugees? Because you seem to be really against letting 1.3 million people into a collective of 742.5 million because about 130 of them cause problems.

Grow up, how would you like it if all British people got banned from travel because two of them blew up a plane? It's the same thing.

Your entire post falls apart if I revise my figure to something which wasn't just me punching my keyboard with numbers.

Yes, IF.

The lesson, then, is to think before you type, in order to avoid typing nonsense that destroys your credibility.

Then, of course, stop moaning at people who call you out on it.
Yes, IF.

The lesson, then, is to think before you type, in order to avoid typing nonsense that destroys your credibility.

Then, of course, stop moaning at people who call you out on it.

I revise my figure to 0.0001% then

where's your response?

oh wait, at this percentage, it makes sense, and your POINTLESS attack on me spamming random figures that give a rough visualisation becomes a waste of time.

So respond to it with the revised figure or get lost
Have you been personally attacked by any refugees? Because you seem to be really against letting 1.3 million people into a collective of 742.5 million because about 130 of them cause problems.

Grow up, how would you like it if all British people got banned from travel because two of them blew up a plane? It's the same thing.

I am in favour of letting refugees in, but let them live in houses of people who are happy to host them. Win - win situation.

So when are you taking in some? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I revise my figure to 0.0001% then

where's your response?

oh wait, at this percentage, it makes sense, and your POINTLESS attack on me spamming random figures that give a rough visualisation becomes a waste of time.

So respond to it with the revised figure or get lost

Ha! So you admit your post was deliberate spam and had no credibility.
The Muslim refugees don't join ISIS, because they no longer feel rejected by the west.

Oh noes.

The Muslim refugees don't join ISIS, because they no longer feel rejected by the west.

They can join what they like, as long as they're kept away from Europe.

And also ask yourself, what did the Indian, Pakistani, Trinidad and Tobago immigrants back in the mid-20th century bring to us? A lot, in short words.

The current wave of migrants have shown they have nothing of value to offer.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Comparing us to Saudi Arabia doesn't cut mustard. Whether or not Saudi Arabia takes in refugees is largely irrelevant to the fact that we have a history of accepting refugees, and we advocate to the governments of other countries, to let refugees into their country.

As you have said to others, time to put your money where your mouth is.

As I have already explained to you, my advocation for refugees is not limited to what I am able materially contribute.

I can, have and will continue to speak in favour of a better and more constructive attitude towards refugees irregardless of whether I am able to provide material contributions.

Europe has already taken in a vast amount of refugees. There is nothing left to prove. (Other than having common sense, maybe)

Of course your right to speak for refugees is not under attack, I have always acknowledged that. It just holds no weight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MildredMalone
Oh noes.

They can join what they like, as long as they're kept away from Europe.

The current wave of migrants have shown they have nothing of value to offer.

Because you choose not to see the benefits over the fears that they are all ISIS members -_-
Ha! So you admit your post was deliberate spam and had no credibility.

I admit that I didn't think anyone, especially some no-lifer with 10gems, would get so hung up and start crying over something like that.

But my point still stands, only about 0.0001% of the immigrants are actively causing threats.
Because you choose not to see the benefits over the fears that they are all ISIS members -_-

There aren't any benefits though.
Original post by MildredMalone
There aren't any benefits though.

Look back at the immigration the mid-20th century, Indian, Pakistani, Ugandan, Kenyan, Trinidad and Tobago - all of these immigrants made Britain the tolerant, multicultural place it is today.

And this whole immigration to Europe is a massive propaganda victory against ISIS, these people are refuting ISIS and accepting democracy. Would you rather that most of the Muslim immigrants just joined the extremist group in response to being neglected by the west?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending