The Student Room Group

HELP NEEDED for University Accommodations!! Edinburgh

I'm very new here in TSR, and hopefully, if my IB results pass the requirements I will pursue my Biomedical Sciences degree at the University of Edinburgh yay! I got the offer a while back and while waiting for the exam results to come out we were advised to check out accommodations. Again, this is all very new to me so I don't know exactly what I should be looking for in a university-prepared accommodation.

I'm looking for uni accommodation only because there's an ongoing housing crisis currently in Edinburgh and since I'm an international student uni accommodation is guaranteed (plus I want that student life + idk the ways around Edin yet). Only staying for 1 year btw because planning to move out with my friends for the next consecutive years. I would prefer self-catered since I want to be independent hehe and privacy is paramount like I want my own room and shower if possible but it is not necessarily the most vital thing. like I still want good relationships and communication with my housemates but not like too much yk😆

So the questions are,
1. what are the things I should look for when booking an accommodation
2. tips for booking Edin's uni accommodation (like I heard there are sightings of RATS ew)
3. if you could, some suggestions of Edin uni accom really strategic places (will be studying primarily in Kings Building)

or if you have anything to say really like share your experience or story that would be awesome as well, can learn from one another

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE lurve💖💖
Reply 1
Original post by hæsœmi
I'm very new here in TSR, and hopefully, if my IB results pass the requirements I will pursue my Biomedical Sciences degree at the University of Edinburgh yay! I got the offer a while back and while waiting for the exam results to come out we were advised to check out accommodations. Again, this is all very new to me so I don't know exactly what I should be looking for in a university-prepared accommodation.

I'm looking for uni accommodation only because there's an ongoing housing crisis currently in Edinburgh and since I'm an international student uni accommodation is guaranteed (plus I want that student life + idk the ways around Edin yet). Only staying for 1 year btw because planning to move out with my friends for the next consecutive years. I would prefer self-catered since I want to be independent hehe and privacy is paramount like I want my own room and shower if possible but it is not necessarily the most vital thing. like I still want good relationships and communication with my housemates but not like too much yk😆

So the questions are,
1. what are the things I should look for when booking an accommodation
2. tips for booking Edin's uni accommodation (like I heard there are sightings of RATS ew)
3. if you could, some suggestions of Edin uni accom really strategic places (will be studying primarily in Kings Building)

or if you have anything to say really like share your experience or story that would be awesome as well, can learn from one another

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE lurve💖💖

Oh yeah i asked my senior abt his criteria when applying for uni accom but he just chose the cheapest ones that meets the same requirements as above but idk whether that's a reliable tip tho, but saving money is kinda important to me as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending