The Student Room Group

Why is everyone outraged over this woman beheading a child, when...

Scroll to see replies

I've been making this point for ages about Russia. So have many others. But lots of brain dread mongs have an ideology where the UK and USA are to blame for 139% of all things bad in the world so they don't care..

We have TSR members who make threads over one hospital in Syria being bombed by America. But the member who made that thread didn't even utter one squeak of condemnation over Russia bombing FOUR within the same fortnight. They have a creepy, weird, disgusting agenda because that describes these people in a nutshell.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
I think that you'll find that plenty of people are appalled at the Russians' indescriminate bombing of any area associated with opposition to Assad.
Putin is a world class dick. Very few people will argue against that.

So, what is your point?
Reply 42
Original post by Lady Comstock
So when you condemn the killing of Palestinian children are you then treating their lives as more important than other children's lives because you don't, at the same time, condemn the killing of children in Sudan and other parts of the world?

I'd be here all day if all I was doing was condemning the deaths of children, but it doesn't mean I think one child's life is more important than another's.
Original post by Aceadria
Not at all. You just simply assumed something and are arguing against something I did not state. I'm sure you can google what that is referred to.

Isn't this called a Straw Man (not your post, the one you've quoted)? I suppose it's quite typical to happen on these forums, most of the human population have no clue what a good argument is supposed to be like.
One is someone pointlessly killing, the other is for the greater good.

It's not great, but unfortunately the real world isn't ideal so military operations are always going to suffer from collateral damage.

Original post by R3D KING
Watch thisNothing shady about this human rights group that Western media keep quoting?

Not saying they're wrong, but the source is going to be bias, at least a little bit anyway. RT is owned by the Russian Government. I also believe that Russia isn't considered a Western nation

The west has had a thing against Russia since the Cold War, if not before that. This is just a case of 'he said it so it must be true'. To quote the general "actions must speak louder than words", all I'm seeing is words, nothing that proves that what is being said is true. Sounds more like Anti-Russian propaganda to me.
Original post by chemting
I get what you mean but collateral damage is an argument that is getting old. For example, its been found that drone strikes have 90% civilian casualties. That is a level of incompetence which canmot excused by just collateral damage. Plus, drone striking just makes it worse. People die indiscriminately and if ISIS loses 10 people, 50 people joins them as they scared, fuelled by ISIS propaganda or just lost their child etc. You're just going to create a generation of people that hates the US/UK even more. Its hard to fight bad ideas with indiscriminatory carpet bombing.

This is not too dissimilar when Nixon and Kissinger carpet bombed Cambodia so the people feared and turned khmer rouge and Pol Pot to protect them... Pol Pot abused the situation to get to power.

Isn't it weird that terrorism has since gone up since the US decided to declare war on it. Are all the military that incompetent? The apparent lack of strategy and planning is concerning.

That honestly was not the difference I was referring to, but thank you for the analysis.
Original post by theconfusedman
How can the russian government authorise military intervention that has lead to 200 children but the world condemns this highly publicised attack by a mental woman?

The comparison is completely valid as both this woman and the Kremlin are criminals.

*sigh*. I refer you to my initial post. Try again.
Original post by Aceadria
That honestly was not the difference I was referring to, but thank you for the analysis.

Ah! Well I must apologise then, I seemed to have misunderstood what you meant.
Original post by chemting
Ah! Well I must apologise then, I seemed to have misunderstood what you meant.

Don't. Your post was very interesting!
Original post by JordanL_
It has nothing to do with being better than anyone. I'm genuinely concerned for the hundreds of people being killed, but nothing is done about it because quite simply, nobody cares. Nobody condemns Russia for killing civilians, but they'll condemn Muslims for the actions of one person.

And people are meant to do... what exactly? Other than making posts on the internet about how other people are committing thought crimes there's not much to be done by the average man regarding x country doing whatever y atrocity.
Original post by HAnwar
It's like one child's life is more important than another's.

You have a fair point there but on the news people are more interested in current affairs. I myself am not an avid follower of current affairs yet it doesn't make it fair for them to report about some child who was beheaded. before anyone starts to argue with me, I'm not saying it's right for the child to have been be headed because that's vile. The child DEFINATELY didn't deserve it. However, the child died yet children across the world die of starvation, dirty water abuse, the list could go on. The death of the child is definately horrible and once again the child didn't deserve it, yet once again people and children die everyday. Children in Syria are getting caught up in the war and they are being killed.
Original post by JordanL_
...nobody is outraged that Russia has killed 200 kids since they started bombing Syria? The hypocrisy is absolutely disgusting.

Once again, people are pretending to care, but they're really just trying to push their political views. 200 kids bombed by Russia, nobody even notices. But a Muslim kills one kid, and the world is in ****ing uproar.

Of course the radical kippers will be crawling out of the woodwork to accuse me of not caring about this poor child being beheaded. But no, I care deeply, and it shouldn't have happened. I also care about the Syrians being massacred.

The people who really don't care are the xenophobes using this child's death to gain support for their hate campaign. Truly disgusting behaviour, you people should be ashamed.

The well being of white people is far more important than the wellbeing and lives of arabs
There is a huge difference between trying to kill terrorists and there being some collateral and volunteering to look after someone's child knowing full well what you will do and looking into that innocent babies' eyes as you behead them. It's about intent and humanity and the fact there are people in this country who are attempting to justify that beheading, makes me not want to live in Europe.
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
There is a huge difference between trying to kill terrorists and there being some collateral and volunteering to look after someone's child knowing full well what you will do and looking into that innocent babies' eyes as you behead them. It's about intent and humanity and the fact there are people in this country who are attempting to justify that beheading, makes me not want to live in Europe.

No one is trying to justify it...
You should know something about the nature of killing. That's human nature. No one can stop it.

1457224579061.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
I'd be here all day if all I was doing was condemning the deaths of children, but it doesn't mean I think one child's life is more important than another's.

i think his point was that you ( and others on ISoc no doubt) make the effort to highlight the killing of a palestinian by israelis but when a muslim influenced by islamist doctrine kills a non muslim, is not really of concern to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending