The Student Room Group

Work experience year 11

Hey guys, I'm really struggling to find any work experience for 2 weeks in the summer. I'm not sure what career I want go into so dos anyone have any places I could try in the following sectors:

Marketing and advertising
Media, publishing, journalism
Law, human rights
Robotics or bionics

I have already tried the obvious places like bbc, itv, sky, the guardian
Thank you
why dont you find out if you can shadow a lawyer? that would be really good experience
Reply 2
Original post by anisahaha
why dont you find out if you can shadow a lawyer? that would be really good experience

I would love to but I don't really have any contacts :frown:
Roughly what geographical area are you in? If you don't wanna say on here PM me :smile:
I went from having no contacts to going to 3 different international corporate law firms for work experience so know how hard it is to get the attention of places :smile:
(I'm now year 13, was offered a gap year job working for international law firm pinsent masons but turned them down for Durham lol)
Reply 4
Original post by eleanor27
Roughly what geographical area are you in? If you don't wanna say on here PM me :smile:
I went from having no contacts to going to 3 different international corporate law firms for work experience so know how hard it is to get the attention of places :smile:
(I'm now year 13, was offered a gap year job working for international law firm pinsent masons but turned them down for Durham lol)

Hey, I live in Buckinghamshire but I don't mind travelling to London and things. Wow, that's so great, pinsent masons are really big aren't they
Original post by dee08
Hey, I live in Buckinghamshire but I don't mind travelling to London and things. Wow, that's so great, pinsent masons are really big aren't they

Have you looked on studentladder.co.uk ?
I started off work experience at Iceland Foods in-house legal team at their HQ (north wales...) (a lot more exciting than it sounds I promise!)
I would say honestly you probably won't be able to get into the massive international law firm offices in London without contacts :frown: I sent letters to local high street/boutique law firms- often most are happy to help- just look for firms in your area and send a CV and covering letter! Happy to help with that if you want as well :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by eleanor27
Have you looked on studentladder.co.uk ?
I started off work experience at Iceland Foods in-house legal team at their HQ (north wales...) (a lot more exciting than it sounds I promise!)
I would say honestly you probably won't be able to get into the massive international law firm offices in London without contacts :frown: I sent letters to local high street/boutique law firms- often most are happy to help- just look for firms in your area and send a CV and covering letter! Happy to help with that if you want as well :smile:

Yh, I've literally tried each place on that website twice and most deadlines are closed now :frown:. I guess I'll try local law firms, thank you, I really appreciate the help

Quick Reply

Latest