The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got offers from UCL, Nottingham and Warwick. I feel like I'll like them all and can't decide which to firm and which to put as my insurance. Waiting on KCL too, but I'm mainly deciding between the three. Advice?
Original post by IDKY
What if I defer, check my final result in the IB (june), and then say no or yes depending on my final score?

Yes you could choose after your deferred entry but you'd have to give them a decision by a certain date.
I know someone who applied to Strathclyde for Engineering in fifth year who deferred his application but then declined all offers so he could apply for a different course in the following September.
Leicester or Newcastle for Law?
Original post by snowywhite

Newcastle ofc. Its law school is better as well as the university itself. It is well-respected among employers and a nice to live :smile: good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bobkata
Newcastle ofc. Its law school is better as well as the university itself. It is well-respected among employers and a nice to live :smile: good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!:smile: See I have an unconditional for Leicester and preferred the open day but I was dead set on Newcastle before I visited the two so I really don't know what to do
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by snowywhite
Thank you!:smile: See I have an unconditional for Leicester and preferred the open day but I was dead set on Newcastle before I visited the two so I really don't know what to do

what did you think of Newcastle at the open day? Think Ima firm it
Original post by kingofacademics
what did you think of Newcastle at the open day? Think Ima firm it

It was good and everyone was really nice, the areas great too but the taster lecture was on law and literature and the lecturer wasn't using a microphone so no one could really hear him which made it quite boring but everything else was great though including the facilities
Got an offer from kings for PPL! So chuffed :smile:
Offers from Durham and Nottingham, still waiting on Glasgow! I think Durham's my firm choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else here thinking of firming Durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone still waiting on Nottingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone waiting on Durham?
Original post by chloeg56
Got an offer from kings for PPL! So chuffed :smile:

Huge congrats Chloe!!!! :-)
Original post by Velvetgh0st

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep!
Original post by Bobkata
Anyone else here thinking of firming Durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I probably will! Although I'll be sorry to give up PLL because I think the course is amazing... I just don't think I can face London...
Original post by Velvetgh0st

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yessss
Anyone here still waiting for Edinburgh or Glasgow? I really wanted Edinburgh as my insurance... But I'm starting to give up...
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
Anyone here still waiting for Edinburgh or Glasgow? I really wanted Edinburgh as my insurance... But I'm starting to give up...

I'm waiting on Glasgow! I got a rejection from Edinburgh though but if it's any consolation, Edinburgh send their rejections first so it may be good news that you haven't heard back yet!
Original post by catherinecain
I'm waiting on Glasgow! I got a rejection from Edinburgh though but if it's any consolation, Edinburgh send their rejections first so it may be good news that you haven't heard back yet!

I'm sorry about Edinburgh & hope you hear from Glasgow soon. May I ask when you heard back from Edinburgh?

Latest

Trending

Trending