Scroll to see replies

anyone got an offer to do MMath ? Been waiting since early october haha
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by sop10
What was your choice when you applied?

i got allocated st aidans too an I'm so upset !!! what application days are you going to??
Original post by ak33m98
I've got into the deadest college (St Aidans) because I did an open application, is there absolutely no way I can change it? I really should have applied to university (Castle)

i got st aidans too and I'm so annoyed/upset, desperate too change! are you going on the application days?
Original post by hollyismyname
I think I will just to see what the department and everything is like. Haha 67% is quite precise, what are your other options? If you're not entirely sure it might be worth visiting cuz you may end up loving/hating it which'd help with the decision!

Yeah I think the exactness of that number actually really shows how I'm undecided I am. At the moment it's between Durham/UCL and UCL is winning as they want aaa whilst Durham want a*aa. Also, UCL is only an hour away. Sheffield will definitely be my insurance but I'm just so undecided about my firm.
Original post by JahJah
anyone got an offer to do MMath ? Been waiting since early october haha

Yeah I got my offer in January, I still know some people who are waiting though so you aren't alone.
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE=lukmanmiah;63231835]Yeah I think the exactness of that number actually really shows how I'm undecided I am. At the moment it's between Durham/UCL and UCL is winning as they want aaa whilst Durham want a*aa. Also, UCL is only an hour away. Sheffield will definitely be my insurance but I'm just so undecided about my firm.

Fair enough, I guess it depends how confident you are. But I'd say just go with your gut, because if you really love a place you won't mind being far from home!
Fair enough, I guess it depends how confident you are. But I'd say just go with your gut, because if you really love a place you won't mind being far from home!

Yeah true, I'm really looking forward to visiting the universities now
[QUOTE=lukmanmiah;63234297]Yeah true, I'm really looking forward to visiting the universities now

Yeah it's so good to visit and can totally alter your perception.. Like I thought I'd like KCL but really didn't at the open day! So I think visiting is defo worth it to see what its really like
Original post by jill800
I couldn't find a thread for people wanting to apply to Durham University for 2016 entry so I created this one:-)
Hopefully we can all help each other and share things we are doing and any revision tips.
Enter your subject of entry and gcse grades if you want, and a-level subjects you're taking as it can help others decide
My subject of entry: English and Philosophy (possibly English and History not sure)
GCSE grades: A*AAAABBBB
A-levels:
-English Literature
-English Language
-History
-Philosophy and Ethics

Yeah my GCSE grades aren't your typical perfect scores but hopefully Durham are not too concerned with having all A/A*'s

Stay away from Durham. Full of Arrogant, Mediocre, Boarding School Kids.
Original post by DinduCoffin
Stay away from Durham. Full of Arrogant, Mediocre, Boarding School Kids.

What's this based on?
Original post by lukmanmiah
What's this based on?

My experience as an Uzbek unfortunately. You have these kids who go on about their private jets, and homes in Surrey (not the **** part).
Yeah it's so good to visit and can totally alter your perception.. Like I thought I'd like KCL but really didn't at the open day! So I think visiting is defo worth it to see what its really like

Yeah with Durham you almost get the full experience too because you can stay at the college you chose. Dreading the journey there though
My experience as an Uzbek unfortunately. You have these kids who go on about their private jets, and homes in Surrey (not the **** part).

What's an Uzbek? I heard about the students being really pompous before I applied but I just assumed it was the minority.
What's an Uzbek? I heard about the students being really pompous before I applied but I just assumed it was the minority.

It's my ethnicity.

All the Oxbridge rejects from boarding school reunite at Durham. It's 70% of the students, not 100%, but the large majority.
[QUOTE=lukmanmiah;63235657]Yeah with Durham you almost get the full experience too because you can stay at the college you chose. Dreading the journey there though

Yeah exactly you get the full experience and see how it'd feel to be there and the kind of people you'd be with! Me too, I think it's like 5 hours for me, I'm right down south. Although I guess we'd get to see how bad the journey Really is to see what it'd be like to visit home etc!
[QUOTE=DinduCoffin;63235805]It's my ethnicity.

All the Oxbridge rejects from boarding school reunite at Durham. It's 70% of the students, not 100%, but the large majority.

I've heard Durham has a bit of a reputation for being the 'Oxford rejects' and people are 'snooty' etc, but I feel this must be a huge generalisation as not a Whole uni can be like that. I mean, everyone on here seems nice... But this rumour is putting me off a little bit..
It's my ethnicity.

Oh right. I was quite worried about that but I didn't want to believe in the stereotype of Durham students just being Oxbridge rejects. I'll see how it goes when I go for an offer day.
I've heard Durham has a bit of a reputation for being the 'Oxford rejects' and people are 'snooty' etc, but I feel this must be a huge generalisation as not a Whole uni can be like that. I mean, everyone on here seems nice... But this rumour is putting me off a little bit..

Well, it's the majority unfortunately. The university is run by posh kids. :s-smilie:
Yeah exactly you get the full experience and see how it'd feel to be there and the kind of people you'd be with! Me too, I think it's like 5 hours for me, I'm right down south. Although I guess we'd get to see how bad the journey Really is to see what it'd be like to visit home etc!

Yeah that should be good. Although last time I got a bit lost when I arrived at Durham so hopefully it goes well this time
Oh right. I was quite worried about that but I didn't want to believe in the stereotype of Durham students just being Oxbridge rejects. I'll see how it goes when I go for an offer day.

Yeah, you'll see for yourself. But it's the truth.

Quick Reply

Latest