The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mathsmusicfrench
See edit above. Log in to BarSAS.

Yeah same here, just did it.

I have both BPPs showing 'Unconditional Offer' and City showing 'Conditional Offer' for some reason. I guess that's the 'standard entry requirements', although I would have thought that was implicit anyway.

(edit: having said that, BarSAS immediately started to work! You can see the status of each offer at the bottom of the pages! Was rejected from Cardiff, ouch!)

Oh, commiserations. That seems a little odd. I thought there'd be more competition for London.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Yeah same here, just did it.
I have both BPPs showing 'Unconditional Offer' and City showing 'Conditional Offer' for some reason. I guess that's the 'standard entry requirements', although I would have thought that was implicit anyway.

Yeah, same here. Conditional on completing a QLD/GDL I suppose? Although I have enough credits now that I will get a 2.1 even if I don't go to any more exams! :u:

Oh, commiserations. That seems a little odd. I thought there'd be more competition for London.

I expect they were offended by a third preference as it probably features highly for Welsh applicants. And they only have 84 places!! A shame, Cardiff is a great place to live (best of the regions?), but no scholarships in any case.

Anyway, now that excitement's over we can all go back to hunting pupillages...
Has anyone heard from college chambers yet?!
After your self-entitled, bitter public rants about how everyone should be paying you expenses for the privilege of having you attend an interview, and now your officious, unnecessarily confrontational posts here, I'm beginning to think you have no social awareness whatsoever.

I hope for your sake that your personality does not shine through at interview.

Tiny92 highlights a very real problem at the bar and is subject to your vitriol and misdirected guff. Behave.
College chambers post final round rejections out by letter.
Original post by 123flaw
Congrats to him. When did he hear?

Friday evening last week.

Yes I applied for an Advocacy award. The deadline for one of the awards (social outreach/pro bono) is still yet to come if you feel you fit the criteria?!

Would be interested to hear progress reports from anyone else who applied. The shortlist - interview turnaround on the timetable is quite quick given that they appear to be sending out interview prep by post!

Have I read it correctly that you received your BPP Advocacy materials by post? Have you heard anything via email? The postal service in my area is abysmal, so slightly worrying, but I haven't heard anything either way.

(Sorry, edited this after re-reading your post!)
(edited 8 years ago)
I wasn’t sure where to post this. It’s not directly relevant for this cycle, but it might help those applying for Inns’ scholarships next year. Here are the most recent available statistics for BPTC scholarships:

Gray’s Inn (2014)
No. of applications: 128
No. of scholarships: 39
Scholarship fund: £615,000
Applicant success rate: 30.5%
Average scholarship award: £15,769

Inner Temple (2012)
No. of applications: 342
No. of scholarships: 102
Scholarship fund: £1,186,425
Applicant success rate: 29.8%
Average scholarship award: £11,631

Lincoln’s Inn (2012)
No. of applications: 292
No. of scholarships: 100
Scholarship fund: £1,252,000
Applicant success rate: 34.3%
Average scholarship award: £12,520

Middle Temple
No. of applications: 286
No. of scholarships: 114
Scholarship fund: £875,000
Applicant success rate: 39.9%
Average scholarship award: £7,675
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 668
7BR interviews out.
Original post by Lawlolz
7BR interviews out.

On a Sunday? How did you hear please
Original post by Daydreamer1990
On a Sunday? How did you hear please

Bcc e-mail. "Dear Candidate"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wannabeebar
Have I read it correctly that you received your BPP Advocacy materials by post? Have you heard anything via email? The postal service in my area is abysmal, so slightly worrying, but I haven't heard anything either way.

(Sorry, edited this after re-reading your post!)

No, sorry, I didn't mean that I had received anything - just that that's what it says on the website. Haven't heard anything either way either, hoping to hear by email as I am away from home but not sure where the interview preparation will end up. Let me know if oyu hear anything!
Does anyone know if 4KBW (Lawrence power) reject by silence ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from
BC Legal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegalLab
Does anyone know if 4KBW (Lawrence power) reject by silence ?

No idea, but do you really want to go there anyway? Last time I checked they were offering only a six-month pupillage, which would leave you absolutely and utterly screwed if they decide (at their whim) not to keep you on for a second six.
Original post by Forum User
No idea, but do you really want to go there anyway? Last time I checked they were offering only a six-month pupillage, which would leave you absolutely and utterly screwed if they decide (at their whim) not to keep you on for a second six.

They certainly weren't at the top of my list but out of curiosity I am keen to know if iv been rejected or not. Right now I'm just looking for a little glimmer of hope to hold on to because I have not done as well as I hoped in securing interviews. On to the gateway I suppose...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else heard from 7BR yet??
Original post by SevenAteNine
I applied to them in July last year and have received absolutely zip. I -assumed- I was rejected, and yet they seem to be advertising again....

I noticed that they were advertising for 2016, I applied for the 2017 but nevertheless it is beginning to look like a rejection by silence - although perhaps I have had a lucky escape ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maximus999
Anyone else heard from 7BR yet??

Nothing so I'm presuming it's a rejection considering interview offers seem to have been sent out in a 'dear candidate' format

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard anything from BPP?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending