The Student Room Group

Sociology Uni Student answering questions on A Level techniques

I did Sociology at A level getting an 'A' grade and am now studying it at a russell group university, and am aiming for either a 2:1/1st degree! Therefore, if anybody has any questions regarding revision, exams, sociology at uni I'm up for asking any questions! I'm also making a sociology A level revision blog as a way of training to become a teacher so if anybody has any questions i can use in the frequently asked questions section of this blog id be so grateful!

Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alicecac
I did Sociology at A level getting an 'A' grade and am now studying it at the University of Birmingham, and am aiming for either a 2:1/1st degree! Therefore, if anybody has any questions regarding revision, exams, sociology at uni I'm up for asking any questions! I'm also making a sociology A level revision blog as a way of training to become a teacher so if anybody has any questions i can use in the frequently asked questions section of this blog id be so grateful!

Thanks!

how do manage to remember all of crime and theory and methods :|
Reply 2
Original post by chickenfoot
how do manage to remember all of crime and theory and methods :|

It is loads but it is 100% doable! I made mindmaps for each topic using the yellow textbook and a revision guide (this was blue and probably given to you?) and then during the actual revision process i went through each of them, reading and learning the mindmaps so i would know what everything meant and people said (just in the way in which if somebody asked me what Durkheim did in his suicide study i would be able to explain, not necessarily remember each thing on the mind map). I would then condense down these mindmaps onto revision cards where i would just write the key words i needed to remember so, using the Durkeim suicide example, i may write anomic, fatalistic, altruistic and egoistic. I learnt these cards which had all the key words for each topic so in the exam i knew what i needed to write about and then could also explain these in my own words. For example my card on suicide would have on it : >Durkheim- social facts, study on religion and suicide >moral regulation & social integration >4 types (examples of them and when prolific over time) etc etc.

hope that makes sense and helps!
Reply 3
I did Sociology at A level getting an 'A' grade and am now studying it at the University of Birmingham, and am aiming for either a 2:1/1st degree! Therefore, if anybody has any questions regarding revision, exams, sociology at uni I'm up for asking any questions! I'm also making a sociology A level revision blog as a way of training to become a teacher so if anybody has any questions i can use in the frequently asked questions section of this blog id be so grateful!

Thanks!

What year are you in? And who is your favourite post-modernist/feminist thinkers, and why?!?
I did Sociology at A level getting an 'A' grade and am now studying it at a russell group university, and am aiming for either a 2:1/1st degree! Therefore, if anybody has any questions regarding revision, exams, sociology at uni I'm up for asking any questions! I'm also making a sociology A level revision blog as a way of training to become a teacher so if anybody has any questions i can use in the frequently asked questions section of this blog id be so grateful!

Thanks!

I'd like to teach A level Sociology :smile:

Do you also hope to teach psychology? I've not got a psychology qualification and hope that this does not disadvantage me.
What are your top tips for long answer questions; 33 marks, 21 mark and 18marks. I'm really confused about the break down of A01 vs A02 a and b. Just don't know what the examiner wants from me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending