The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
You sound like a fanboy. He did good in the PL for 2015 that's it. I mean Arsenal can buy players in all positions but don't expect the top players to come because most of them don't want to come to us.

I don't sound like a fanboy, you just have the air of a kneejerk idiot. You want to disregard the entirety of 2015 because he's had 6 bad games on return from injury? That's fine, but don't attack me and act like I care about your opinion. Arsenal can buy players in all of those positions, they can get top players in those positions too. If we persist with an idiotic manager who refuses to exercise his right to purchase said players, however, then we probably won't actually go out and get them. Top players want to come to Arsenal, it's just a matter of whether our manager stops acting a fool.
Original post by Welkom
I don't sound like a fanboy, you just have the air of a kneejerk idiot. You want to disregard the entirety of 2015 because he's had 6 bad games on return from injury? That's fine, but don't attack me and act like I care about your opinion. Arsenal can buy players in all of those positions, they can get top players in those positions too. If we persist with an idiotic manager who refuses to exercise his right to purchase said players, however, then we probably won't actually go out and get them. Top players want to come to Arsenal, it's just a matter of whether our manager stops acting a fool.

If you look at the striker position none of them want to come to us. Benzema laughed at us, Aubameyang doesn't want to come to us, Higuain doesn't want to come here, Cavani doesn't want to come here either. What top striker can we sign lol.
Original post by al_94
If you look at the striker position none of them want to come to us. Benzema laughed at us, Aubameyang doesn't want to come to us, Higuain doesn't want to come here, Cavani doesn't want to come here either. What top striker can we sign lol.

What are you talking about? The only one that anyone knows doesn't want to come is Benzema (and who could blame him). Just because our imbecile of a manager refuses to buy somebody doesn't mean they are against coming. You think there hasn't been a better striker than Giroud on the market in the last 3 years? My *******s.
2013: We go after everyone and get someone we didn't really need (for £42m). Blame Wenger.
2014: Decent transfer window but we start poorly (and £42m man wasn't up to it yet). Blame Wenger.
2015: We get a new GK, £42m man finally gets going and every other position is covered (or so we thought). Blame Wenger.
Reply 5525
Poverty Spurs thread can't even make it onto the first page. Humoured to see the Europa league scoreline, but slightly alarmed to see their line up: they're throwing the EL to go all out for the league. Be lying if I said I wasn't worried.
Reply 5526
Original post by shawn_o1
2013: We go after everyone and get someone we didn't really need (for £42m). Blame Wenger.
2014: Decent transfer window but we start poorly (and £42m man wasn't up to it yet). Blame Wenger.
2015: We get a new GK, £42m man finally gets going and every other position is covered (or so we thought). Blame Wenger.

If Spurs or Leicester win the title, his position then becomes untenable. I don't think this has ever been the case in the last 10 years. Not even because they're spurs, but because after so long that we couldn't win the league, they come along and pip us to it after having been so perennially sh*t. And Leicester because of how much their squad costs. And because this was the year to win it.
Original post by Welkom
What are you talking about? The only one that anyone knows doesn't want to come is Benzema (and who could blame him). Just because our imbecile of a manager refuses to buy somebody doesn't mean they are against coming. You think there hasn't been a better striker than Giroud on the market in the last 3 years? My *******s.

Which genuine world class strikers do you think would go to Arsenal? To his credit Giroud has done a pretty good job for a £10m forward.

Ibra or Cavani may be available this Summer, but unless they're hell bent on joining Arsenal for a massive pay cut it's unlikely. Other than that I'm not sure anyone hugely better than Giroud is feasible. I guess the likes of Lacazzette and Bacca are available, but are they huge improvements on Giroud?
Reply 5528
We need a new striker anyway since Giroud is quite old. Lacazette would be a good option considering his age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
No point in even considering any of the real top strikers, wenger just wont ever compete with the other top teams who would also be fighting with them.

This summer we will sign a mixture of 3 types of players:

2nd tier players, who have potential, at around 5-20mil (most signings)
1st tier players who are being forced out of big clubs, and conveniantly are not needed by any of our rivals (sanchez, ozil, cech)
Young players who we may or may not see in 5 years..

If a name does not fit into either of these catagories, then forget them. So all the talk of ibra/cavani etc, can **** off, as they are needed by our rivals, so dont fit catagory 2. Same with talk of an tier1 youngsters, as wenger will never pay the asking prices for potential (see martial bracket etc. )
Oi, last night that little boy Scholes says "finishing in the top four and winning FA Cups is what Arsenal do". As if his entitlement wasn't inflated enough already. What we didn't do is waste money on signings. Players aren't everything in football mate, just look at how Leicester are getting a team of nobodies head and shoulders over the rest of the PL.
Wenger should try and snach Zlatlan in summer as a free transfer
He might be able to teach Giroud how to be a proper striker :toofunny:
Reply 5532
Tbf, Wenger does like a free signing doesn't he

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Wenger should try and snach Zlatlan in summer as a free transfer
He might be able to teach Giroud how to be a proper striker :toofunny:

Considering what happened 15 years ago I don't think it'll happen. But then again Eto'o did at one point say this: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/2335708/etoo-no-way-ill-join-chelsea
In all honesty think Ibra is United bound if he's not getting big money in China or the MLS.
Doubt it if United don't finish in the top 4. They've become a bit of a laughing stock in recent years and can't see it changing until that squad has a massive overhaul. LVG was bought in to stabilise and build upon it but he's only made it progressively worse.
Original post by Diego Costa
Which genuine world class strikers do you think would go to Arsenal? To his credit Giroud has done a pretty good job for a £10m forward.

Ibra or Cavani may be available this Summer, but unless they're hell bent on joining Arsenal for a massive pay cut it's unlikely. Other than that I'm not sure anyone hugely better than Giroud is feasible. I guess the likes of Lacazzette and Bacca are available, but are they huge improvements on Giroud?

You just need to dump £60mil on Higuain.
Reply 5537
"The last thing I want for them is to be happy with finishing fourth and winning the FA Cup."

Good thing then that there is little chance of that this year. :rofl:

On the other hand. Can't believe Man U put 3 past Arsenal. How embarrassing. :colonhash:
Original post by llys
"The last thing I want for them is to be happy with finishing fourth and winning the FA Cup."

Good thing then that there is little chance of that this year. :rofl:

On the other hand. Can't believe Man U put 3 past Arsenal. How embarrassing. :colonhash:

Top bants from Scholes though :tongue:

If it helps, they did the double over us :colonhash:
I think yesterday shows what happens when they don't get lucky. We've outplayed them in every game this season yet only won yesterday 2-0 when it should've been 4 or 5.
If Bellerin was not so hot he would have been dropped judging by the nightmare he's had in a few games. Sure Wenger fancies him.

Latest