The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Velvetgh0st
I was about late November too, idk why it's taking so long, I thought Bristol were cruel waiting so long to reject me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got rejected from Bristol too! How did you do at AS and LNAT?
Holy hell I'm beginning to give up on Durham, I applied in October and still nothing. Sometimes I check UCAS track and think to myself "I can end it quickly if I withdraw". 😫😫😫😫
Original post by SebastianCanuck
Holy hell I'm beginning to give up on Durham, I applied in October and still nothing. Sometimes I check UCAS track and think to myself "I can end it quickly if I withdraw". 😫😫😫😫

To have survived this long you are obviously an applicant they want - they'd have rejected you long ago if they didn't. If you really want to go to this Uni, hang on. There is no point in withdrawing just to prove a point.
I'm still waiting on Nottingham!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. Still waiting since end of November but for Law with Spanish...
Original post by andrad
Same. Still waiting since end of November but for Law with Spanish...

Still waiting for Nottingham since late of November:frown:
Btw I'm international student
But seems Nottingham have already given out some offers :frown:
Reply 3425
Original post by jayeshp
Hey everyone, has anyone had an offer from Nottingham for law yet? Been waiting since November so kind of given up hope 😂

applied 5th November, still waiting too!
Original post by Duncaaaaaan
It's a graduate entry LLB Law degree, so instead of the normal 3 year undergrad course its a 2 year LLB course. AFAIK it looks the exact same on your CV after completing it.

I applied last week, to Leeds, Leeds Beckett, Birmingham, York and Edinburgh.

1 A*, 8 As and 2 Bs in GCSE, and ABB English, History and Music A levels. Predicted for a 2:1 after graduating from current degree (BA music).

So I reckon I have the academic credentials for law at Russel Group unis (I am at Leeds uni anyways right now) but yeah my application is quite late.

Good luck!

I applied for graduate entry LLBs as well, including at York and Birmingham. If you get an interview with York you should be fine
Original post by returnmigrant
To have survived this long you are obviously an applicant they want - they'd have rejected you long ago if they didn't. If you really want to go to this Uni, hang on. There is no point in withdrawing just to prove a point.

Don't believe that :frown:

Still, unless you're under time pressure from another university that you also really want, I agree that it is not wise to withdraw. Just wait it out :smile:
Hey! sorry about your Bristol offer...
Just wanted to say that Bristol didn't do it to be cruel, I went to the offers open day and they told us how the admissions work, like they grade everyone and put them in a large column and start giving offers from the top down and rejections from the bottom and moving up...
You were probably on the margin and were just unlucky!! Good luck with the rest of your offers!

I was about late November too, idk why it's taking so long, I thought Bristol were cruel waiting so long to reject me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3429
Original post by atptcs
Congratulations on your offers! I'd say Manchester as it's normally ranked higher than Birmingham in league tables and its city is better than Birmingham in my opinion!
Also, did Durham tell you the reason why your application has been unsuccessful? I've applied in January and am still waiting...

Hello! Thank you so much.
Well, they did send an e-mail, but I've gotten the impression that it's what they send out to everyone. They only mentioned that it's hard for them to choose between applicants since they are all very good. Good luck to you, dear!
Original post by Assan
Good luck!

I applied for graduate entry LLBs as well, including at York and Birmingham. If you get an interview with York you should be fine

When did you apply?
Original post by Duncaaaaaan
When did you apply?

Jan 15 deadline
Original post by massorigin
My firm choice is between East Anglia or Lancaster. Both Universities are great for Law and they have good towns, but I cant decided between the two. I'm not to sure which would be the best University to take!

Yeah both are similar in terms of rep. I think UEA produces more solicitors but the difference is small. I've heard UEA's mooting room is very nice but then there's Lancaster's college system which is appealing to some. Which uni are you leaning towards?

Good luck!!
Anyone know how good/reputable newcastles law school is?
Original post by Tom5pence
Anyone know how good/reputable newcastles law school is?

Newcastle is a premier British University with a worldwide reputation in all subjects. It has a well-established Law School offering LLB and LLM courses fully accredited by the Law Society. It trains students who then go on to forge careers in all aspects of the law all over the world. Its Law courses are as difficult to get a place on as those at any other top British University demanding AAA grades.

Now you can see quite how juvenile your question is.
Newcastle is a premier British University with a worldwide reputation in all subjects. It has a well-established Law School offering LLB and LLM courses fully accredited by the Law Society. It trains students who then go on to forge careers in all aspects of the law all over the world. Its Law courses are as difficult to get a place on as those at any other top British University demanding AAA grades.

"Juvenile"? Come on man, relax, we're all friends here.

I really don't like your attitude aha
Right, thank you for the advice.
But **** yourself for being such a obnoxious prick :smile: You must be a lot of fun at parties, but I guess you don't really get invited to many.

😂😂😂 parrin hell
Right, thank you for the advice.
But **** yourself for being such a obnoxious prick :smile: You must be a lot of fun at parties, but I guess you don't really get invited to many.

The thing is that Newcastle is definitely not all those things. Good uni, but nowhere near the top end of the spectrum.
Original post by *Stefan*
The thing is that Newcastle is definitely not all those things. Good uni, but nowhere near the top end of the spectrum.

I can imagine so, I love the city to be honest, more then London, so when it comes to deciding between the two, I am trying to outweigh the difference in the quality of each law school and its reputation

Latest

Trending

Trending