The Student Room Group

How do I pass GCSE Biology?

I have 3 GCSE Biology exams coming up with 3 different sections (B1,B2,3) in May and June

For my controlled assessment I had gotten a grade D (30marks out of 50)
I have opted in to doing the foundation paper,
I really want to pass this, However I am finding it hard to revise (such as the time to) and as I only have a few months left... I really want to have tips on how to pass this? I am doing this in college as a subject and I am not that good.

Is there any specific ways to pass this as I really need it,

Thank you
Just do loads of past papers and literally memorize the spec
Reply 2
Original post by hxfsxh
Just do loads of past papers and literally memorize the spec

Thank you!
Reply 3
First try to revise the spec as much as you can. Break it down into small parts over the next two months. Do past papers- first with using your notes and then gradually without which will help you understand how to answer the questions. And always always go to your teacher if you don't understand something that's what they are there for. If you still struggle use the Internet. We live in a generation where literally any answer can be found by searching it into Google, no matter how stupid it sounds. If you have access to the Internet take advantage of it. Good luck! - a fellow GCSE student.
Try to understand what you're studying - you can do this by watching YouTube videos or looking at different sources of information e.g. BBC Bitesize.
To check that you've understood everything do lots and lots of past papers. You'll also be able to see what kind of questions the exam board tends to ask and how you should answer them.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest