The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
Hiddink has no long term future anywhere due to his age. Ibra with close to zero experience in management would put us down a slide steeper than that of Gary Neville's. PSG would do better shipping him off to Miami and leading Beckham's new club to glory before retiring.

And there goes my attempt to lighten the mood with some jokes.
Reply 5761
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Board won't take that risk. They know Wenger will get you top four with limited spending, but they can never be sure with whoever comes in.

If that turns out to be true then I genuinely feel so bad for Wenger
Original post by SA-1
Absolutely no point in that.

Over half of our home support are ****ing tourists who are more concerned about selfies and ****

Well over 150k on the waiting list for silver memberships

Probably over 100k waiting for season tickets

Absolute ideal position to be in for a business man owning a football club in the heart of London isn't it..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I meant more from a personal point of view, fully understand that there are droves of cattle waiting to get into the slaughterhouse. In fact it was one of reasons I stopped going.
Why are people arguing over whether Wenger (or his successor) would have enough money when we're losing the league this year to Spurs and Leicester.

You can't blame big money clubs or our lack of funds for that.
Reply 5764
Original post by shawn_o1
It is rather naive to think that shelling out on players who were surplus at other (arguably bigger) clubs actually improved us in any way. Nobody had heard of Kanté until Leicester signed him, plus no one thought that he'd turned out well for them.

Completely agree. I was arguing against the fact that people say we don't spend, when actually we have.
I genuinely think Wenger is going to step down this season. Everything he's been saying in the media and the way he lashed out at the Arsenal fans by saying nothing will ever satisfy them. He sounds and looks a broken man and I think he's realised its time to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like Iwobi.

His Periscope :lol:

"When Chuba's back. Me [number] 10, Chuba [number] 9 jheeeeeze" :lol:
when Wenger leaves. I do not care who comes in. you will see the demise of an institution ...

Football history ...

Leeds in the 70s
Liverpool of the 80s
Man U of the Nineties and 00s
then Arsenal ....
Original post by swirly
I like Iwobi.

His Periscope :lol:

"When Chuba's back. Me [number] 10, Chuba [number] 9 jheeeeeze" :lol:

Please tell me this wasn't after the game? If so he can **** off out of this club. ****ing wannabe periscoping after losing to ****ing watford? smh no wonder we're in the situation we're in
I just noticed that if Wenger was playing Football Manager 2016, he would be a few weeks away from the sack.

Original post by TeeEm
when Wenger leaves. I do not care who comes in. you will see the demise of an institution ...

Football history ...

Leeds in the 70s
Liverpool of the 80s
Man U of the Nineties and 00s
then Arsenal ....

There's no need for doom and gloom. The team is only missing a couple of players and then they wouldn't look out of place holding a Premier League trophy, as long as whoever comes in fixes whatever it is that's making players injured.

There's a reason opposing fans want Wenger to stay for their own benefit.
Original post by Umbrella627
It's comformting to know in 70-80 years, I'll be dead and all this won't matter.

Bit optimistic aren't we? :wink:
Original post by leinad2012
Please tell me this wasn't after the game? If so he can **** off out of this club. ****ing wannabe periscoping after losing to ****ing watford? smh no wonder we're in the situation we're in

After the game. He was in his car with Tyrell (youth LB) eating from Creams of all places ffs.
I guarantee it doesn't matter who comes in as manager, our transfer policy would pretty much stay the same I.e. we buy a few "promising talents" on the cheap, and one expensive surplus at a bigger club.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
We need a protest similar to Charlton's one today about Kroenke. He is killing our club on and off the pitch.

Outline what's wrong with Kroenke with proper evidence backing up every point.

I don't get all the hate directed towards him tbh. They're are plenty more worse owners out there. I think people shouting 'Usmanov in' are clueless tbh
Everyone made fun of our nine year trophy drought back then, they didn't know we had a 17 year trophy drought back when football didn't really matter:wink:

Plus we twice went 18 years without a league, I don't think the same manager was in charge during either of those droughts.
(edited 8 years ago)
As far as I'm concerned it is a mental issue. Recruitment have either got in mentally weak players or the manager is unable to instill a proper mental state of mind.

You can see by Chelsea this season or Arsenal in 13/14 the difference that a sound mental state can make.
Our team is just full of pussy boys. You can probably call their mummy a slute/whore/prostitute and they would do **** all but give you a disapproving glare.

Walcott is a prime example of this, he looks like a kid you would just kick for lolz at school and get away with it. Pussyboy. Ozil looks like the kid who sits alone at the dinner table.
Reply 5777
I think the manager is too soft but most of the players are mentally weak too (or maybe just don't care that much). But yes, apparently Wenger is not a manager who makes the players want to leave / extend their comfort zone.
Original post by llys
I think the manager is too soft but most of the players are mentally weak too (or maybe just don't care that much). But yes, apparently Wenger is not a manager who makes the players want to leave / extend their comfort zone.

Put it this way, if I was the opposing PL/CL team and saw the Arsenal lads on the other side of the pitch, I would just laugh. As people, they are just a bunch of **** boys, not real men. The psychological side of that is big.
No leaders on the pitch obviously. Our team will lose every last shred of dignity they had come 22:00 on Wednesday
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest