The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Is £175 per week a lot to pay for uni halls - first year?

Scroll to see replies

not if its in properly central london ( where then its probably bang on)

halls are always stupidly expensive and no fun. go on gumtree of roomshare and rent a private room in same area, prob save a bit of money
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Is this the Untie Olympic Way one? I really want to go there too and my mum and dad disagree with me, because its so expenisive. But usher halls across the road from the uni is 152 ii think and its really old...
Original post by JubilationXXV
My parents keep arguing with me because they think it's too much money

Nah not that much, my halls accommodation will cost £200 a week :smile:
Original post by sharifsara
Is this the Untie Olympic Way one? I really want to go there too and my mum and dad disagree with me, because its so expenisive. But usher halls across the road from the uni is 152 ii think and its really old...

Yes it is. I think I might just go for it and pay the deposit before it gets too late
I applied for accommodation on Monday (Olympic Way 1st choice), just wondering if anyone knows when we'll get confirmation of which hall we've been offered?
Unless in London it's a rip-off.
Original post by PinkUnicorn16
I applied for accommodation on Monday (Olympic Way 1st choice), just wondering if anyone knows when we'll get confirmation of which hall we've been offered?

Just wondering, how are you planning on paying for it? I mean it's £700 a month, will you just use student finance money or will you have other methods as well? Also, did you apply for a single sex flat?
Original post by JubilationXXV
Just wondering, how are you planning on paying for it? I mean it's £700 a month, will you just use student finance money or will you have other methods as well? Also, did you apply for a single sex flat?

I've had my place since January 2015, deferred my entry til September 2016 so I've had lots of time to save up. Also plan on working part time. Applied for single sex flat xx
Original post by PinkUnicorn16
I've had my place since January 2015, deferred my entry til September 2016 so I've had lots of time to save up. Also plan on working part time. Applied for single sex flat xx

Oh, okay, see you there then I guess. Which course are you studying?
Also, how late do you think is too late to pay the deposit?
i paid 200 a week for a cardboard box in central

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending