The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SebastianCanuck
Honestly I thought I was gonna find out last week because they sent an email out on Feb 19th saying it might take a few weeks for decisions to reach UCAS track, so basically now I'm just preparing for a life in which Durham does not exist

Exactly the same situation as you. Let me know when Durham replies you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meanwhile, I'm waiting on the likes of Durham to give out their offers, not because I've applied there but, in order to see how it impacts on Edinburgh's offers. It's like being stuck in a big house buying chain!

I hope we all hear soon. Good luck to everyone still waiting for their final response.
Has anyone that's been rejected by kings have an offer for UCL?
Original post by kirblaw3

I doubt it
Original post by MsTabitha
Meanwhile, I'm waiting on the likes of Durham to give out their offers, not because I've applied there but, in order to see how it impacts on Edinburgh's offers. It's like being stuck in a big house buying chain!

I hope we all hear soon. Good luck to everyone still waiting for their final response.

Why are the two connected?
Original post by Coreling
Why are the two connected?

People who are currently holding offers from e.g Edinburgh but decline them after e.g. Durham make them an offer frees up slots at Edinburgh. And so it continues down the line.
People who are currently holding offers from e.g Edinburgh but decline them after e.g. Durham make them an offer frees up slots at Edinburgh. And so it continues down the line.

All universities give out more offers than places anyway to account for this... I I doubt it would 'free up' slots because they have already taking this into account when giving out offers
I know there are roughly twice as many offers given as there are places but this is the way it was explained to me at the Edinburgh Open Day as to why there is usually a wee flurry of offers given mid-end March - because of applicants declining offers which had already been given as they firm elsewhere. Otherwise, why not just reject everyone who isn't included in the first batch of offers?
I know there are roughly twice as many offers given as there are places but this is the way it was explained to me at the Edinburgh Open Day as to why there is usually a wee flurry of offers given mid-end March - because of applicants declining offers which had already been given as they firm elsewhere. Otherwise, why not just reject everyone who isn't included in the first batch of offers?

Are you waiting for an offer from Edinburgh?
Yes, I have four unconditionals so far but am still waiting to hear from Edinburgh. However, even supposing Edinburgh does make me an offer, I'm not sure that I wouldn't prefer to accept my offer from Aberdeen...law at Aberdeen has lot of plus points.
any offers/rejections from ucl recently? I have noticed there haven't really been decisions sent out by them in a while. Really worried that they will just reject everyone now :frown:
Original post by chloeg56
I did!!!

Did you get any form of acknowledgement??
Offers from Bristol, Edinburgh and QMUL, rejected from King's. You've got a great roster of offers, is Durham one of your top two?

haha thanks probably not cause edinburgh was unconditional but i just want the whole thing to be over. Is it one of yours?
Original post by kirblaw3

Me :smile:
Original post by baconwoo
haha thanks probably not cause edinburgh was unconditional but i just want the whole thing to be over. Is it one of yours?

I think Edinburgh is going to be my insurance and Bristol is going to be my firm, but if Durham makes me an offer I may have to rethink my firm.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3475
Original post by crocface
I also missed out on King's and Bristol due to LNAT and have decided to take QMUL, the more I look at it the better it looks, they are improving every year, have been storming ahead since becoming Russel group and have great plans.

For next year they have already increased the entry level for law to IB 38 HL,7,6,6 from this year's 37 HL,6,6,6. That is higher than King's, equal to LSE and higher than any other law school except for UCL and Cambridge.

I would look at it more closely, it could be by end of your degree it will already be seen as better than King's, which is pretty static. It could be your chance to be there while it's still doable.

Dear crocface, where have you seen this?
I think Edinburgh is going to be my insurance and Bristol is going to be my firm, but if Durham makes me an offer I may have to rethink my firm.

good luck!! maybe we will hear tomorrow
Original post by baconwoo
good luck!! maybe we will hear tomorrow

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Original post by HeisenbergWW
Did you get any form of acknowledgement??

I don't think so :smile:
Reply 3479
Durham takes such a long time to give out offers 😒

Latest

Trending

Trending