The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Nursing Selection Day 2016 Southampton University

Hi all,

I'm attending the nursing selection day on Friday (adult branch). I was wondering if anyone knows if we are allowed to use a calculator? I'm brushing up on maths as I've not done it since I left school 15 years ago!

Any answers would be appreciated xx
Reply 1
No calculators are not allowed, but don't worry about it too much, good luck in your interview!!!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Have you heard back from them yet? I had an interview on Friday too!
Reply 3
Hi, I've got this selection day as well on Friday the 18th. I've searched everywhere but can't find my A level certificates, is this a serious problem? If so what do I do? Any help is appreciated!!
Reply 4
Original post by Jerubens
Hi, I've got this selection day as well on Friday the 18th. I've searched everywhere but can't find my A level certificates, is this a serious problem? If so what do I do? Any help is appreciated!!

Nope they said that any certificates etc that you didn't provide you will have to before your course starts. If you get an offer it will be one of the conditions
Reply 5
I haven't heard back either. Do you mean that other people from the 18th selection day have heard?
Hello! I had my selection day at Southampton on January 30th and they told me they'd reply within two weeks and they didn't actually get back to me until March 4th! I was beginning to give up hope but I ended up getting a conditional offer from them!! I hope you guys hear back and get a place soon, is Southampton your top choice?
Reply 7
I went to the 18th selection day and i got my offer this monday. Southampton is my top choice so ill be starting there in september. All i need to do is find my a level certificates!!
Original post by Jerubens
I went to the 18th selection day and i got my offer this monday. Southampton is my top choice so ill be starting there in september. All i need to do is find my a level certificates!!

Congrats!!! See you there :smile:
Hi there I was hoping for some advice too, I have my selection day on the 10th may and I am a bit confuse on what is expected with the written activity?
So they have asked to read 2 articles out of the 3, so would we be writing about one of them or both? or will one of them be around the group activity? I am stressed out already so I will be grateful for some help

Many thanks :smile:
Reply 10
Hey i hope this reaches you in time for your selection day today! So they will ask you to write about both articles in answer to a question. My question was along the lines of how they relate to the futuew of nursing. You have that and the maths questions. Then a group discussion where they sit and watch you talk about a topic and then they do one to one and you reflect on the group and rjen answer some other questions :smile: all the best for today!
Hello everyone, hope all your applications are going well, i had my selection day back in April and received an offer from southampton which I was really pleased about as this was my choice. I live local to Southampton, about a 30min drive however still considering moving into halls this year. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation and what halls people like the look of?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending