The Student Room Group

Cambridge Mphil Real Estate Finance 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My status just changed to "Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies". :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Congratulations, my wait is not over yet. Still under consideration by department. Really not a good sign by now.:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by econstudent28
Congratulations, my wait is not over yet. Still under consideration by department.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Hope you get an update soon.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 23
Hi guys. Here's another applicant. Congrats to BKSM and other offer holders.
I completed my application documents early this month. It was quite late and seems to be a long wait.. maybe mid April or later?
Got offers from Cass and Reading this week but not sure I will make a deposit. Only look forward to good news from Cambridge at this moment.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BKSM
My status just changed to "Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies". :smile:

Congrats BKSM! I am also an applicant to REF 16/17 and is still waiting for an update. Would you mind letting me know when did you apply for the course and whether you applied straight out of an undergraduate degree? Thanks a lot!
Reply 25
Original post by ZANDY1204
Congrats BKSM! I am also an applicant to REF 16/17 and is still waiting for an update. Would you mind letting me know when did you apply for the course and whether you applied straight out of an undergraduate degree? Thanks a lot!

I applied early feb, and no, I was graduated in 2015.
Awaiting consideration like some of you guys. What are typical degrees and locations for you who are applying. I am completing a land management program with finance at university in caribbean.
Reply 27
I am currently a second year studying business at Durham. Is it worth applying while you're still in third year, or worth waiting until you graduate?
Any update these days...Mine is quite quiet...Not a good trend
Original post by accumulateRP
Any update these days...Mine is quite quiet...Not a good trend

Mine is dead silent!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Applied on 1st Mar, references submitted by referees on 15th Mar, still waiting. Prob won't hear anything until after Easter
Reply 31
Original post by BKSM
I applied early feb, and no, I was graduated in 2015.

BKSM, please correct me if I am wrong but did you apply last year but didn't get in? Could you share with us what made your application successful this year? Thank you very much.
Reply 32
I applied on 1st Mar. Did you submit your application in the end?

Original post by karan.n
Planning to apply for this course (I know I am a bit late, but the deadline is on the 15th March. My profile:

1st from UCL in Information Management for Business
Internship at a Bank and UOB Asset Management for 4 months (combined)
Currently working in a Bank as a strategic management associate
Family Business in real estate development
Recently combined law and real estate (finance) to secure a property with return of 10% (seldom where I live).
VP of different clubs and societies in university.

Do you think I stand a chance?
Reply 33
Mine is dead silent!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its Easter mate, you won't get any update. Also, next BOGS meeting is on 3rd May, so that is an ideal date for status change. Any update around mid-end of April, would likely to be a rejection.
Original post by BKSM
Its Easter mate, you won't get any update. Also, next BOGS meeting is on 3rd May, so that is an ideal date for status change. Any update around mid-end of April, would likely to be a rejection.

Hi bro, do you know how many quotas will be left for May?
After missed the Feb and Mar offers, I think majority of the places should be allocated. For me, chance of getting an offer is very slim by now. If I am good enough, I should have an offer already.

Time to get back to normal life and leave it behind. Door is always open, can always come back next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
After missed the Feb and Mar offers, I think majority of the places should be allocated. For me, chance of getting an offer is very slim by now. If I am good enough, I should have an offer already.

Time to get back to normal life and leave it behind. Door is always open, can always come back next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha stay positive man, looks like we don't have many people in this forum this year....In last year's thread there are some people who got offer at the last minute. I have seen their resumes, some of them are not that that strong tbh..
Reply 37
[QUOTE=accumulateRP;63712369]haha stay positive man, looks like we don't have many people in this forum this year....In last year's thread there are some people who got offer at the last minute. I have seen their resumes, some of them are not that that strong tbh..

Offer holders may not take up their offer. Stay positive mate
Could you post a link or list the resume of those who were successful ?
Original post by trinimusa
Could you post a link or list the resume of those who were successful ?

It is kind of insider info I would say...But most of them have done internships in renowned financial institutions or land developers..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending