The Student Room Group

titles to help me get an appreciation and enter the industry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TurboCretin
Not necessarily - proper universities (with proper law societies) offer fast-track law degrees, and this guy will need some ECs...

True. I thought the ECs bit was fairly self-explanatory tbh.
Reply 21
Not necessarily - proper universities (with proper law societies) offer fast-track law degrees, and this guy will need some ECs...

what is ECs please and which uni's offer fast track law degrees? I am in Essex, or I can do it via distance learning
Original post by studos
what is ECs please and which uni's offer fast track law degrees? I am in Essex, or I can do it via distance learning

A bit of research can answer this question for you.

ECs = extra-curriculars.
Reply 23
A bit of research can answer this question for you.

ECs = extra-curriculars.

Isn't it too much an LLB in two years via distance learning? It's shrinking 3 full time years in two!

while a GDL is one year course across two years with distance learning part time
Reply 24
Original post by studos
hello!

can you tell me please up to 1-2 year courses that would be good to have to give me an idea of the industry and help me enter it? for legal

Not in Masters level, but below

please list some

thanks!

What happened to your Engineering degree?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3918185
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3959099
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by studos
Isn't it too much an LLB in two years via distance learning? It's shrinking 3 full time years in two!

while a GDL is one year course across two years with distance learning part time

A couple of points of info: I don't know whether many universities offer distance learning 2-year law degrees; and you don't cover the same amount of material as you would on the full LLB - you do the core modules and then a limited number of optional/non-core modules (generally between 1 and 3, depending on university).

If you're planning on doing distance learning, the GDL would make more sense anyway. I think the main benefits of the senior status LLB are (i) the university environment and (ii) access to the university law society, neither of which you'd get with distance learning.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jasy

You'd be better off putting £100 on Wales to win the Euros. Winning the bet. Putting the winnings on Wales to win the World Cup in 2018. Winning the bet. Buying a mortgage free house and then continuing to work in your current job.

Interestingly, the odds for Wales to win the Euros are 80/1 and for the World Cup its 500/1 (although it could slash if Wales win the Euro)... so if you put £100 in, you get £8,100 after the Euros and if you put that in, you get £4,058,100 after the World Cup. This is of course more than enough to be set up for a comfortable life. However, if OP wants a high-end prestige-filled life in London, then that would be difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Has the OP made it known what nationality he is?
studos

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending