The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Politics and Arabic / Experience ?? 2017 Early Entry

I am planning on early applying to Leeds Uni for both their Politics and their Politics and Arabic courses for 2017 entry . I have 3-4 weeks experience with an MP in Westminster and by then I may have some experience done in an arab embassy in London. I have been told that experience with Mp's in and out of parliament can result in reduced offers etc. Can anyone tell me if they have had similar work experience and how it has affected their offers? Thanks.

I don't see how having work experience can decrease the likelihood of you getting an offer?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Legendary Quest
I don't see how having work experience can decrease the likelihood of you getting an offer?

I mean has it affected offers in terms conditional/unconditional or reduced offers. As this has been the case with various people I have talked to however only from my secondary school, which has tended to be slightly favoured at some universities that's why I've posted up on here.
Original post by HassanDavidHany_
I mean has it affected offers in terms conditional/unconditional or reduced offers. As this has been the case with various people I have talked to however only from my secondary school, which has tended to be slightly favoured at some universities that's why I've posted up on here.

Oh, I'm not sure then. I only have a standard offer for Politics for 2017 entry. I'm just a commoner :tongue: I don't know anyone who got an unconditional offer from Leeds.
Oh, I'm not sure then. I only have a standard offer for Politics for 2017 entry. I'm just a commoner :tongue: I don't know anyone who got an unconditional offer from Leeds.

Im not expecting an unconditional tbf 😂Thanks though. What grades did you get a AS ? My predicted grades will hopefully be just above the requirements but my subjects aren't that strong tbf.
Im not expecting an unconditional tbf 😂Thanks though. What grades did you get a AS ? My predicted grades will hopefully be just above the requirements but my subjects aren't that strong tbf.

Good enough to get an offer :tongue: To be fair, as long as your AS grades are decent and good enough to get the predicted grades required then you're sorted. Make sure your personal statement is good and I'm pretty sure you will get an offer. :smile:
I don't think they care too much about the 'strength' of your subject. My friend does 2 'soft' subjects and is predicted AAB but managed to get an offer for Law which is more competitive than Politics. Just make sure your predicted grades are good enough (and realistic) :smile:
Good enough to get an offer :tongue: To be fair, as long as your AS grades are decent and good enough to get the predicted grades required then you're sorted. Make sure your personal statement is good and I'm pretty sure you will get an offer. :smile:
I don't think they care too much about the 'strength' of your subject. My friend does 2 'soft' subjects and is predicted AAB but managed to get an offer for Law which is more competitive than Politics. Just make sure your predicted grades are good enough (and realistic) :smile:

Thanks for the advice bro, greatly appreciated.:smile::smile:
Thanks for the advice bro, greatly appreciated.:smile::smile:

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest