The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone still waiting for KCL? I want to firm another choice and start to plan accomodation, moving etc but can't until they respond. I'm aware that I could withdraw, as don't intend to firm them, but I want to know the outcome regardless, baffling how it can take so long to decide lol, applied September 😂
Is Durham an obvious choice over Bristol? And what about Bristol versus Birmingham?
Original post by Al9121010
Is Durham an obvious choice over Bristol? And what about Bristol versus Birmingham?

1. No, they're quite similar in stature/'prestige'
2. Bristol wins

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just been rejected from Bristol. Quite gutted. For those who are wondering, my grades are:
predicted A*AB (English, biology maths)
AABB at as last year
27 in the LNAT
6A*s 4As at GCSE

does anyone know what unis were in adjustment last year for law?
(edited 8 years ago)
Rejected from Bristol about an hour ago.
Got an offer from Warwick yesterday, though.
AABC at AS.
LNAT - 22
A*AA predicted.
Original post by Princepieman
1. No, they're quite similar in stature/'prestige'
2. Bristol wins

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mind sharing why you would choose Bristol over Birmingham?
Reply 3666
Original post by SebastianCanuck
UPDATE FOR EVERYONE WAITING ON DURHAM
"Dear Sebastian, Thank you for your below email.We are still currently dealing with Applications in the Law School at the present time. All applications received in the Law School before 15th January deadline should have a decision by the 31st March 2016.Thank youClaire Graham/Lindsey Wright (Maternity Cover)Mon, Tues, Wed (am)/Wed (pm), Thurs, FriLaw Undergraduate Admissions Secretary"

thank you one week to go 😎
Just got an offer from Glasgow for Law with Spanish, in case anyone's still waiting on them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Unihelp007
Just called Nottingham and they said that the "decision maker" looks through each law application really thoroughly but a decision will be made really soon for all applicants .....
Seems that the uni is so over subscribed this year there's no hope!!!! I got LNAT of 21

Is the decision maker one person or a group of people?
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
Manchester is a great student city - and cheap too. Hope you like rain. Don't know anything about the law department. Leicester has a strong law department afaik. Not a bad place to live, obviously much smaller than Manchester and closer to the rest of the country. Good rugby team. Not much in it - try to visit them. (I'm not going to comment on Hull - it's your life.)

Thanks, I know about everyone's views on Hull the course has a year spent at Westminster shadowing a MP. Yes I like rain. I've visited all of them and don't know. I think I wil go UoM then Leicester but idk. Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Ellejennifer
Just been rejected from Bristol. Quite gutted. For those who are wondering, my grades are:
AABB at as last year
27 in the LNAT
6A*s 4As at GCSE

Kings were briefly, Warwick were in clearing as were Birmingham and Manchester... I don't think many prestigious unis go through clearing however others may go through adjustment
Someone asked for my predicted grades about 50 pages ago and I never got back! (Sorry!)
They're: AAAAB
Reply 3672
Offer from Durham!!!
Original post by NR_898
Offer from Durham!!!

Congratulations! Could I ask what you're LNAT was and you're predicted grades?
Firming kings but don't know whether to insure Bristol or QMUL (same requirements). Love London and the course at QMUL (law and politics) because I'm super interested in politics as well as law but Bristol seems cosy, cheaper and of course it is a wonderful university. The course at Bristol, despite being straight law, looks great too when looking into the optional units! Does anyone go to either of these universities and can tell me about student life/the courses or does anyone have any ideas?
Original post by SebastianCanuck
"Good rugby team" when Leicester's top of the prem

They made it quite clear on the open day they were the only city in England to have a top flight Rugby, Football and Cricket team.
Original post by NR_898
Offer from Durham!!!

Congrats
Original post by chloeg56
Firming kings but don't know whether to insure Bristol or QMUL (same requirements). Love London and the course at QMUL (law and politics) because I'm super interested in politics as well as law but Bristol seems cosy, cheaper and of course it is a wonderful university. The course at Bristol, despite being straight law, looks great too when looking into the optional units! Does anyone go to either of these universities and can tell me about student life/the courses or does anyone have any ideas?

What makes you prefer Kings to Bristol? Is it just the location? A lot of people would shy away from London (for uni) due to the costs of living, congestion etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oli19919
What makes you prefer Kings to Bristol? Is it just the location? A lot of people would shy away from London (for uni) due to the costs of living, congestion etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me, the course was my favourite (Politics, philosophy and law). In general, it has everything I was looking for - international community, great location and my favourite course.
Original post by Ellejennifer
AABB at as last year
27 in the LNAT
6A*s 4As at GCSE

Still waiting to hear back from Bristol and they're my first choice but after reading this I am expecting a rejection, we seem pretty similar candidates :frown: I got AABB too, am predicted A*AA, got 9 A*s, 2 As and 2 Bs but only got 25 in my LNAT. Currently got offers from Newcastle, Warwick and Kings and a rejection from UCL. Fingers crossed.

Latest

Trending

Trending