The Student Room Group

BA Fine Art 2016 applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gjs2
I thought it went really well! (don't want to speak too soon though haha) The student who went in with me said she was impressed, so hopefully she wasn't just trying to be nice hahaha Everyone kept telling me how brutal they are but in mine it really wasn't the case, If anything it was just like having a critical discussion with a tutor! I think after my slade one it couldn't really get any more intimidating aha. They didn't look at my essay which I found really surprising as they had made a point to bring it along.. Thats the one thing thats putting me off Goldsmiths is the amount of written work that goes along with the course, as I don't want it to end up eating into the time I'm actually making the art. I was also surprised they didn't show you round at the end, like they had done for all my other interviews? I looked round last year but was looking forward to having a re cap :frown: As well they don't let you look round accommodation, and the photos online don't exactly sell it haha I do really like Goldsmiths though and the way they have lots of visiting artists and tutorials. It's going to be hard to make a decision If they did give me an offer :-((((((( Is Goldsmiths your first choice ?

How did your Slade interview go? I found my Goldsmiths interview he same, they seemed quite nice, and although they were obviously trying to challenge me with some of the questions that they were asking - I felt that it was more a way of getting to understand how I think and work than trying to unsettle me. I think even if I got an offer I would pick the Slade, is Goldsmiths your first choice?
I had my goldmiths interview yesterday and it was so intense, it was so much harder than my slade interview! The guy who interviewed me ended up asking me to let him finish his sentence and told me to calm down haha
had a goldsmiths interview the other day too... out of all the ones i've had it was the most intense/challenging, but it was ok, it was the only interview that involved some sort of proper discussion about my work, rather than me just talking most of the time or having to answer a default set of questions that most other interviewees seem to get asked
Reply 203
Similarly intense with me too, hopefully that means they are interested in our work though!
I really like that Goldsmiths actually take the time to listen to you and challenge / engage with you. My Chelsea interview was so short, and although they offered me a place I'm unsure how they know they want me as they are judging it off of a 5 minute interview.
They seemed very perceptive when they were looking at the work as well, I think that they definitely read more into the work than most places would have.
Reply 206
Original post by Hannahprizeman
I really like that Goldsmiths actually take the time to listen to you and challenge / engage with you. My Chelsea interview was so short, and although they offered me a place I'm unsure how they know they want me as they are judging it off of a 5 minute interview.

Couldn't agree more !
Does anyone know when we'll find out? :smile:
For Goldsmiths I asked some of the student helpers who were there on the day and they said they thought that it would be about a month :frown:
Bloody hell! What date do we need to accept our offers and apply for finance by?
Before we have to accept our offers, finance I'm not so sure. They will reply before deadlines because UCAS has deadlines for them to reply by as well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hannahprizeman
Does anyone know when we'll find out? :smile:

I had my interview on Tuesday and found out this morning :smile:
so i don't think they take too long in replying
What was their response??
Original post by Artstudentstress
What was their response??

I got a conditional offer - just need to pass my foundation :smile:
Reply 214
Original post by flora107
I had my interview on Tuesday and found out this morning :smile:
so i don't think they take too long in replying

congrats! was that for fine art or fine art & history of art?
Original post by a_cmm

Well done!! What degree as this for? Also nice to hear its a low condition :smile:
Original post by flora107
I got a conditional offer - just need to pass my foundation :smile:

Congratulations - eager to hear which degree like everyone else haha.
Reply 217
They've already let you know ! Ah now I'm getting worried 😩 Congratulations though !
Original post by a_cmm

Thanks!! It was for the Fine Art and History of Art BA
I still havent heard from Newcastle uni. Anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest