The Student Room Group

Why's it weird and gross to eat dogs and cats?

Scroll to see replies

Ikr, they're so tasty
Original post by M14B
I suggest you hire a good security firm!

I have hired the firm "Baha Men" if you know them. If anyone steals from us, they can tell me who let the dogs out.
Original post by ByronicHero
My business plan:

Open a restaurant serving dog in Barking and Dagenham and call it:

Barking and Dogenham.

Would you like to invest?

Yeah right! Imagine a restaurant like that in the UK people would go insane. Although it makes no sense because if you really think about it....dog and cats are animals and still edible like any other.
Because they're pets... Better they'd start eating each other, that would solve the problem of overpopulation :colone:
I don't think it is. I wish Horse was more widely available as well.....Not just in Tescos ready meals.
Original post by xobeauty
Chinese people them eat it, meat is meat to them I guess.
Why do we consider it gross though? I asked someone and they said dog and cats are smarter then cows and chickens thus making it ok? Why exactly do we think its sick?...lol, I don't even know why I used to think it was sick.

would you ever at least try eating dog or cat?
What if someone paid you a lot of money? Obviously this isn't a question for vegans and vegetarians.

Because they are cretins and hypocrites.

I'd never eat it knowingly, put it in a burger bun and cheese, salad and chilli saids, I'll gobble it up. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Because they are cretins and hypocrites.

I'd never eat it knowingly, put it in a burger bun and cheese, salad and chilli saids, I'll gobble it up. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why won't you knowingly eat it?
We don't eat dogs and cats because it's not the social norm. I think that part of the reason it isn't the social norm is that it would be impossible to farm dog or cat meat on a commercial scale. Dogs and cats are carnivores, so all the problems we have with land use surrounding normal meat production would be multiplied for them - we'd have to grow plants, feed the plants to animals, feed those animals to dogs and cats, and then try and eat the dogs and cats. Considering that energy is lost with each additional trophic level, it simply wouldn't be an energetically viable system.

So it does make more sense to eat pigs and cows rather than dogs and cats - it's just not a moral reason.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by GettingitDone
I don't think it is. I wish Horse was more widely available as well.....Not just in Tescos ready meals.

Lol, the most shocking thing about Iceland's ready meals wasn't that they contained horse meat, it was that they actually contained any meat at all.
Would quite happily try cat/dog meat if given the chance :cute:
I love eating cats. The reaction you get when you eat a cat, there is nothing like it. I eat cats so good.

Dogs are sometimes involved in the meal too and when I think of them on all fours while I am eating cats it just makes me so happy.

I like food :dontknow:

Noooooooo! You evil ba...Oh..

....oh wait....

I see what you did there....
Original post by Cashmere_Cat
Noooooooo! You evil ba...Oh..

....oh wait....

I see what you did there....

I hope you're not accusing me of something.
Because not all animals are created equal. Cats and dogs are meant to be your pets. They are not food.

It's like asing 'why shouldn't I **** my mom if I can **** other consenting adults'?
It is not wierd. Some parts of the world people eat cats and dogs and it is fine. We just choose what animals we want to eat.
Original post by lolakirk
Because not all animals are created equal. Cats and dogs are meant to be your pets. They are not food.

It's like asing 'why shouldn't I **** my mom if I can **** other consenting adults'?

This is stupid af.
Original post by loveleest
This is stupid af.

Thank you for your non contribution.
Social differences. We view them as pets only so we find it weird that something which is a pet is being eaten, also we interact with them differently. We would find it weird if we had cows as pets and pets only. My family had chickens once but they weren't exactly like true pets, just fed and had their eggs, all they did was demolished the part of the garden they were in.
If I was going to eat a cat/dog fro money I would want them to trick me it was just another widely eaten meat
Dogs have done so much for humans.

Doesn't make sense to eat them.
My business plan:

Open a restaurant serving dog in Barking and Dagenham and call it:

Barking and Dogenham.

Would you like to invest?

you could branch out to Catford ?

:holmes:

[scrollr]:nyan:[/scrollr]

Quick Reply

Latest