The Student Room Group

A-Level Option

I am currently doing my GCSE's and have chosen my A-Levels.
I have chosen: Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Economics (reserve).
I am interested in medicine and economics, is their a combination that anyone could recommend that would keep both options open because I am not certain whether I could cope with doing 4 a-levels?
Original post by RPSB
I am currently doing my GCSE's and have chosen my A-Levels.
I have chosen: Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Economics (reserve).
I am interested in medicine and economics, is their a combination that anyone could recommend that would keep both options open because I am not certain whether I could cope with doing 4 a-levels?

You ll need biology and chemistry for medicine so maybe keep maths as well?
As far as I know, the only subject which is sometimes required for economics is maths. Biology and chemistry are required for medicine, and maths is also helpful. Therefore, doing biology, chemistry and maths should be fine for both degrees. If in doubt though, you can always ask the admissions departments of the unis and courses you're interested in to check if they'd accept your chosen subject combination :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
You ll need biology and chemistry for medicine so maybe keep maths as well?

Thank you very much for your advice. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741
As far as I know, the only subject which is sometimes required for economics is maths. Biology and chemistry are required for medicine, and maths is also helpful. Therefore, doing biology, chemistry and maths should be fine for both degrees. If in doubt though, you can always ask the admissions departments of the unis and courses you're interested in to check if they'd accept your chosen subject combination :smile:

Thank you very much. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest