The Student Room Group

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
You know what ? I never been to Calais :lol: and I went to Lyon but just an hour lol !
Anyway, France is such a beautiful country, whatever you choose I'm convinced you'll love it :3

Do you tend to stay in the same home town where you live, like never go out anywhere? Because in France it might be that every town is quite similar? I don't know lol. Have you got beautiful quaint rustic shops that sell fresh produce and products? I'd love to do a road trip to Europe. Stockholm is somewhere I would love to go to and Switzerland
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rhythmical
Do you tend to stay in the same home town where you live, like never go out anywhere? Because in France it might be that every town is quite similar? I don't know lol. Have you got beautiful quaint rustic shops that sell fresh produce and products? I'd love to do a road trip to Europe. Stockholm is somewhere I would love to go to and Switzerland

No haha I visited France a lot :3 but I went to the South a lot, and only once to the North , but far away from Calais :biggrin:
You'll see , some towns look similar yeah, but the big cities are all different and amazing places to go to :yep:

For the shops, you can find some who sell fresh products in pretty much every big city :excited: which is amazing ^-^ and I don't have any name of shop I'm sorry :/ I just know that exist :biggrin:

Wow road trip to Europe sounds amazing *O*
No haha I visited France a lot :3 but I went to the South a lot, and only once to the North , but far away from Calais :biggrin:
You'll see , some towns look similar yeah, but the big cities are all different and amazing places to go to :yep:

For the shops, you can find some who sell fresh products in pretty much every big city :excited: which is amazing ^-^ and I don't have any name of shop I'm sorry :/ I just know that exist :biggrin:

Wow road trip to Europe sounds amazing *O*

Aw sounds awesome. How are the people like in France? Like here in the UK we have groups of nerdy people, geeky people and the popular people.
Aw sounds awesome. How are the people like in France? Like here in the UK we have groups of nerdy people, geeky people and the popular people.

At college it's the exact same, but when you go to uni all of it is really done, people are like all the same ! I mean , of course they are not the same , but they are not into some stupid groups like that etc ; which is a really good thing tbh ^-^ !
At college it's the exact same, but when you go to uni all of it is really done, people are like all the same ! I mean , of course they are not the same , but they are not into some stupid groups like that etc ; which is a really good thing tbh ^-^ !

Aw right. I think here at university it's a lot different to school. I've always been shy and awkward so I'm hoping university will change me haha.
Aw right. I think here at university it's a lot different to school. I've always been shy and awkward so I'm hoping university will change me haha.

I hope too ! But don't forget, it's not about changing you ! It's about finding out the person who you really are :h:
I hope too ! But don't forget, it's not about changing you ! It's about finding out the person who you really are :h:

Wise words that are definitely true. Half of the time I don't even know who I am.
Wise words that are definitely true. Half of the time I don't even know who I am.

I believe that a huge part of life is about finding who we are. It takes time, but when you find out , you spend the rest of your life in this thing we call happiness.
Half of the time you don't know who you are ? Just keep searching !
Day by day ; you'll be a bit closer, and one day you wake up, and you just know :h:
I believe that a huge part of life is about finding who we are. It takes time, but when you find out , you spend the rest of your life in this thing we call happiness.
Half of the time you don't know who you are ? Just keep searching !
Day by day ; you'll be a bit closer, and one day you wake up, and you just know :h:

This is partly why I want to travel because I want to discover myself. I want to learn about new cultures and find myself in new situations.
This is partly why I want to travel because I want to discover myself. I want to learn about new cultures and find myself in new situations.

Such a great idea !!! Just go ahead :wink: !
I'm sorry it's 0:44 for me I have to go to sleep, it was a pleasure to talk to you my dear !
'Night :hugs:
Such a great idea !!! Just go ahead :wink: !
I'm sorry it's 0:44 for me I have to go to sleep, it was a pleasure to talk to you my dear !
'Night :hugs:

Good night and you too. Your only an hour ahead of me here in the UK. :smile:
:cry2:
OUIIIIIII :excited: :excited:

We'll meet my friend :console:

Spoiler

Of course!! One day my friend, one day.... :hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by Amellia123
Of course!! One day my friend, one day.... :hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

:rofl:

Spoiler

Hiiii :heart:

Bonus tonight ! A little extra, not really intersting I think, so I wont tag anyone.
It's about my mum. I feel like I want to write about this story, (actually I said something about it on an other thread and it made me think about it, whatever)
So tonight, I'm writing for my mum. To show all the world how much I'm grateful for what she did for me.

Mum, this is for you.

Dear mum,

You always had this dream of helping others, it's amazing, so amazing I have no words. You wanted to be a doctor and you never told me. You lied to me about all of it. Almost during my whole life.
Why did you do that ?
You did it to make me build my own dream. Here's what you did mum.
At 22 you were eligible for the best med school of whole France. You were happy, on the road to your dream.
You get pregnant.

You dropped out one month later, you planned to come back after the birth. You gave birth to a lovely unicorn at your med school's hospital. But lovely unicorn had health's problems at the moment, she almost died. You cried, and you decided that she would become your only dream.
You never came back to your school, just to raise her.

You never became a doctor, but you became a wonderful and important woman anyway.Little unicorn grew up. Little unicorn discovered how much hospital was fascinating at 12.

You never told little unicorn about you being at med school when you were younger. You let little unicorn found her own path.Little unicorn turned 18.

Little unicorn applied to the best med school of whole France. You didn't say anything. To make sure it was her own decision. You let her do.
Little unicorn was eligible.

What did you do mum ?

You called little unicorn in your room. You opened your wardrobe. You shown your blouse, with your name printed on it, just under "hôpitaux de Paris" (Paris hospitals). You told all the story to little unicorn. Little unicorn was shocked. She didn't know.
She felt guilty. She thought her mum was not a doctor because of her. Little unicorn was confused. But her mum told her not to worry.
Her mum told her that she was happy her little unicorn was alive. Little unicorn was thankful for having such a wonderful mum. Little unicorn kept the blouse.

Little unicorn failed.

Little unicorn cried. Little unicorn told her mum "I wanna be a doctor".
Her mum asked "why ?"
Little unicorn said "to help people"
Her mum told "good answer. You'll be who you want to be"

Little unicorn dropped out uni. Little unicorn applied abroad. Her mum was sad to let her go. But she never been so happy of her whole life.

Dear mum, all your life, you wanted me to follow my own dream.
Mum, I'll do it. I promise.

Dear mum, I love you.

Your little unicorn.

This was such a lovely post! :hugs:

Your mum sounds awesome! I really hope that you manage to get into medicine both for yourself and your mum.

I doubt anyone would have minded if you tagged them, by the way. :yep:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
This was such a lovely post! :hugs:

Your mum sounds awesome! I really hope that you manage to get into medicine both for yourself and your mum.

I doubt anyone would have minded if you tagged them, by the way. :yep:

Thanks for reading :h: and for your kind words , it means a lot :heart:

I hope I'll do it to, I wanna make her proud :3
Thanks for reading :h: and for your kind words , it means a lot :heart:

I hope I'll do it to, I wanna make her proud :3

And I'm sure you'll do just that. :jumphug:
x

:cry:
Awww frenchie...
This was so sweet, tu es tres mignonne!
Original post by TheOtherSide.
And I'm sure you'll do just that. :jumphug:

:hugs: :heart:
Original post by homeland.lsw
:cry:
Awww frenchie...
This was so sweet, tu es tres mignonne!

Merci :cry2: :jumphug:
Damn, I had no idea they did all the exams in one day, that's rough :/
Well done on another great post, as always looking forward to the follow up :smile:
And kudos to you for getting through that kind of exam stress, it sounds absolutely brutal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending