The Student Room Group

OCR philosophy and ethics 2016 exam

Hi guys
Does anyone have any predictions for what might be in the philosophy and ethics exam this summer? 2016 OCR

Scroll to see replies

AS or A2?
A2 Predictions? The philosophical investigations ones aren't out yet as far as I can see
Reply 3
Hey guys !

I've got an AS philosophy & ethics study group up on whatsapp. Currently only two other people in it though. If anyone wants to be in it please DM me name and number! Also If you do choose to be in it please do share resources such as pages from textbook, essays, or anything really (as you'd want other people to do so😊)

Cheers, Rue. (I choose whatsapp as we can easily send audio vns to explain things, easily take pics of stuff to send it, etc. It's just so convenient and easy)
I got an A (A Grade) in this exam and I'm now studying philosophy at a great university
[scrollr] i will answer any and all questions [/scrollr]
Original post by Tabstercat
I got an A (A Grade) in this exam and I'm now studying philosophy at a great university

That's great, which uni?? Really need some help understanding in detail the verification and falsification principles as I think they will come up this year.

Thanks
Original post by chronicmusic
That's great, which uni?? Really need some help understanding in detail the verification and falsification principles as I think they will come up this year.

Thanks

what are you having trouble with? The best thing about verification and falsificationism is that they have been so thoroughly criticised you could write 100 essays just analysing all of their critics.
Reply 8
Ah okay that's good. I just don't understand the fundamental principles
Is this strictly for A2?

If so, would love to see if anyone has any predictions!!
For ethics my teacher reckons that business and the environment WILL NOT come up, its come up 2 years in a row and it came up on two questions out of the 4 last year so unless OCR are being massive dicks i highly doubt it will be in the 2016 paper, since they ballsed up massively last year with the marking they could be a lot nicer this year, although that is no reason to become relaxed, lets just hope thats the case!!
Original post by Tabstercat

Could you help me with the moral argument of Kant for AS and the criticisms by Freud ?
Original post by Treacle103
For ethics my teacher reckons that business and the environment WILL NOT come up, its come up 2 years in a row and it came up on two questions out of the 4 last year so unless OCR are being massive dicks i highly doubt it will be in the 2016 paper, since they ballsed up massively last year with the marking they could be a lot nicer this year, although that is no reason to become relaxed, lets just hope thats the case!!

Really? How could two business and ethics questions come up out of four questions last year? Surely they chose four different topics for the four question
image.jpg
Original post by lozengerrrr
Really? How could two business and ethics questions come up out of four questions last year? Surely they chose four different topics for the four question

Ocr can do what they like, youd think they would choose 4 different topics..sometimes they do.. But as u can see it came up twice last year and business came up in the 2014 paper too
image.jpg

Ocr can do what they like, youd think they would choose 4 different topics..sometimes they do.. But as u can see it came up twice last year and business came up in the 2014 paper too

Omg that's crazy :///
image.jpg

Well at least that's kinda good, the questions on the 2015 paper look so bad aha, maybe this paper will have questions on conscience or sexual ethics!
Well at least that's kinda good, the questions on the 2015 paper look so bad aha, maybe this paper will have questions on conscience or sexual ethics!

Indeed! I never liked bus&env so we will be very lucky if they dont include them in the 2016 paper, im convinced that sexual ethics, conscience, free will are gona come up although u can never be sure they can trick you and be sneaky like last year! But im almost definitely ruling out bus&env, even if it came up i would dare answer one of them anyway! But like i said ocr massively messed up last year with the marking my friends paper went up 18 ums when she got it remarked, even looking at the second question of 2016 many people confused meta ethics with conscience ( because butler talks about Intuition) so ocr looked very bad last year and had massive complaints, so lets just hope they make our lives easier!
(edited 8 years ago)
Indeed! I never liked bus&env so we will be very lucky if they dont include them in the 2016 paper, im convinced that sexual ethics, conscience, free will are gona come up although u can never be sure they can trick you and be sneaky like last year! But im almost definitely ruling out bus&env, even if it came up i would dare answer one of them anyway! But like i said ocr massively messed up last year with the marking my friends paper went up 18 ums when she got it remarked, even looking at the second question of 2016 many people confused meta ethics with conscience ( because butler talks about Intuition) so ocr looked very bad last year and had massive complaints, so lets just hope they make our lives easier!

Haha, exactly! Yeah, when I read that question I thought it was a conscience related question, I would have been soooo screwed if I took that paper. Do you know the 2015 question paper for philosophy of religion by any chance?
Haha, exactly! Yeah, when I read that question I thought it was a conscience related question, I would have been soooo screwed if I took that paper. Do you know the 2015 question paper for philosophy of religion by any chance?

Unfortunately i dont, you could ask your teachers because they should have access to it, if you cannot get them i will ask my teacher :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending