The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IAMSTUDENT6
Has anyone heard from Hailsham yet?

Nope, nothing I even checked the portal on their website again today as I recall someone saying they were sent some kind of holding response on this day last year.

On another note, anyone heard anything from 1 Chancery Lane? It's been quite a while now....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am still awaiting to hear about my scholarship.

With that in mind I emailed James Welsh (BPTC leader at BPP) re the 4th April deadline. I asked whether offers would be rescinded and, perhaps more importantly, whether BPP scholarships would be rescinded.

He answered 'No' on both counts.

If you have been told otherwise, I suggest you mail him directly.
Original post by LegalLab
Nope, nothing I even checked the portal on their website again today as I recall someone saying they were sent some kind of holding response on this day last year.

On another note, anyone heard anything from 1 Chancery Lane? It's been quite a while now....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also waiting on 1CL. It's been a month since the deadline. I'm expecting to hear very soon...either that or its rejection by silence for us both.
Original post by tsr_sleuth
Also waiting on 1CL. It's been a month since the deadline. I'm expecting to hear very soon...either that or its rejection by silence for us both.

I also haven't heard anything from 1CL and haven't seen anyone post on here about an interview, so I suspect they are just dragging their feet!
Original post by wannabeebar
I also haven't heard anything from 1CL and haven't seen anyone post on here about an interview, so I suspect they are just dragging their feet!

Relieved to hear there are three of us in that particular boat
Make that 4, 5, and 6 in the same boat re 1CL. 2 friends and I are waiting to hear from 1CL
I have been casually contemplating this question for several months but now I really need to know: BPP or City for BPTC? People who have already done it, would you recommend your school?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Has anyone else in here accepted a BPTC offer at BPP?

I cannot work out when/how they want the deposit.

I'd take a pm if you don't want to use up valuable thread space.

Thanks.

They expect payment by July. Hope that helps.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3990239&p=63846433#post63846433

I have created a new thread relating to 2017 scholarships :-)
Has anyone else in here accepted a BPTC offer at BPP?

I cannot work out when/how they want the deposit..

Original post by planet_sophie

I think that might refer to payment of the first instalment by July, on the BPP BPTC "advert" page on their website, it says deposit needs to be paid within 48 hours of accepting the offer. I doubt they'll be too angry as long as you are about to pay quite soon

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3990239&p=63846433#post63846433

I have created a new thread relating to 2017 scholarships :-)

Will give my thoughts about Inner soon.
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
I have been casually contemplating this question for several months but now I really need to know: BPP or City for BPTC? People who have already done it, would you recommend your school?

I'd also like to get some insight on this if anyone has any inside info. I've gathered that they are pretty much the same and have similar issues. I'm leaning towards BPP because they've given me money but a bit worried about the legal ethics issue from last year. Any insight would be appreciated!
Sorry, didn't want to have this lost within all the Scholarship/BPTC chat.

Any word from Lincoln House Chambers for anyone?
Original post by scavo86
Sorry, didn't want to have this lost within all the Scholarship/BPTC chat.

Any word from Lincoln House Chambers for anyone?

Nope, nothing yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by mathsmusicfrench
I think that might refer to payment of the first instalment by July, on the BPP BPTC "advert" page on their website, it says deposit needs to be paid within 48 hours of accepting the offer. I doubt they'll be too angry as long as you are about to pay quite soon

Thanks guys

As it happens I figured it out. I wasn't aware I had to accept on BPP's website as well as on BarSAS, so I wasn't getting the deposit prompt.
Thanks guys

As it happens I figured it out. I wasn't aware I had to accept on BPP's website as well as on BarSAS, so I wasn't getting the deposit prompt.

I've accepted at ULaw and scheduled my BCAT for Thursday :smile:
Original post by Forum User
I've accepted at ULaw and scheduled my BCAT for Thursday :smile:

Nice

I haven't got around to scheduling that yet. Will have to look into it I guess, sigh.

It's funny because I was just feeling like Pearson hadn't had enough of my money.
For all those wondering about 1CL, their website states that invites for interview will be sent this week and interviews will be on the 16th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hailsham rejections out via a very nice personalised email

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi there, anyone had any news/know when we might hear post 7BR first round on Saturday?
Original post by legalbaker
Nope, nothing yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not heard a thing from Lincoln House Chambers. I really like this set so I'm eagerly awaiting their response...

Also, I'm trying to fill in the Field Court Chambers application form and have downloaded Adobe via the link on their website but I am still not able to fill in the form.

Is anyone else having this issue? I wonder if I need to enable something in Adobe...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending