The Student Room Group

Did anyone else have an 'emo' phase?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z33
It'S NOT A :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ING PHAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:yy: I still am.
Reply 21
Nope, I was just my weird self
Original post by mondvay
omg yes, look at this:

:dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:in hell! all time low was my favourite band haha :excited:

Omg you look so different now!:redface:
Thought it was funny when I was young but a bit dated. Terrible way to go though, falling from a roof through a greenhouse. Moral: Get the professionals in to tune your TV.
Original post by mondvay
omg yes, look at this:

:dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:in hell! all time low was my favourite band haha :excited:

Took me about a minute to realise you were lying down..... -.-
the quintessential emo anthem

[video="youtube_share;j1w-cZJE-zU"]http://youtu.be/j1w-cZJE-zU?t=1[/video]
I didn't really.

I mean, I had about two months of the heavy metal phase, but I've just come out of that and realised how stupid I was being :lol:
Original post by Lord Samosa
Yes. Had an emo fringe, skinny jeans and everything.

I try to pretend it never happened tbh... :afraid:

Haha tell me about it, I used to regret but now its kinda funny especially cause people dont expect it from someone like me.

Original post by A$aprocky
aka the 'cut yourself' phase. No thanks

Nah, I dont know anyone whos ever self harmed tbh. Nobody called themselves emo.

Original post by mondvay
omg yes, look at this:

Oh wow

Original post by LongshotReturns
Had a slipknot/ linkin park phase.

Slipknot/Linkin park was the precursor to my emo phase, then I went to My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy and then moved to like Bring me the Horizon, Asking Alexandria, We are the Ocean etc.
The closest I got to emo was Paramore....

Yeah I didn't have an emo phase
Original post by Indieboohoo1
Yes I cut my hair and had a fringe and wore black

I used to always deny it when people called me emo when I was young despite my long swoopy fringe, clothing branded 'Drop Dead' and like converses and belts. But deep down I loved it.
It's not a phase.

(edited 8 years ago)
I had a grunge phase, and that's about it.
The only 'phase' I ever went through, yes.
Original post by Dinasaurus

Nah, I dont know anyone whos ever self harmed tbh. Nobody called themselves emo.

It's just a stereotype since a lot of emos do self harm
Original post by A$aprocky
It's just a stereotype since a lot of emos do self harm

I think there's a difference between kids that were like emo style and actual 'emos' like depressed kids.
Nope never wore the look but listened to a few emo bands aged 14-16 though.
Original post by Dinasaurus
I think there's a difference between kids that were like emo style and actual 'emos' like depressed kids.

yeah it is but that's why its a stereotype
Original post by mondvay
omg yes, look at this:

:awesome:
Yeah I did. I cut my hair mega short, dyed it black, wore eyeliner and listened to MCR, Hawthorne Heights and all that jazz :colondollar: my emo phase lasted a while, about 5 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was a skater, I never did the emo thing myself but some of my skater mates were emos. I quite liked some of rhe music though, I never got into screamo but I used to love the band HIM sooooo much :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest