The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Our GD is a big problem though, 10 behind Spurs is a big problem if we are to overtake them. Realistically we're not going to beat every team 4-0, so that could be our achilles heel if we try to get 2nd. We really needed Liverpool to beat Spurs but the run in will be crucial.
Original post by Manchester United
Mad talk about a late title charge for the Arsenal. You'll probably close the gap on Leicester, and might even pip Tottenham to 2nd, but you simply can't win it because you'll find a way of bottling it. That's Arsenal, you're a good, fair team that is always in contention, but as soon as the heat is turned up you melt like Flora butter.

Not gonna lie, it would make my year to see Arsenal throw the league away on the final day by losing to Aston Villa at home.

I'm guessing you live in London and also are a big fan of Harry Kane?
Original post by AliRizzo
I'm guessing you live in London and also are a big fan of Harry Kane?

Neither; Kane looks a good prospect for England though.
Original post by Manchester United
Mad talk about a late title charge for the Arsenal. You'll probably close the gap on Leicester, and might even pip Tottenham to 2nd, but you simply can't win it because you'll find a way of bottling it. That's Arsenal, you're a good, fair team that is always in contention, but as soon as the heat is turned up you melt like Flora butter.

Not gonna lie, it would make my year to see Arsenal throw the league away on the final day by losing to Aston Villa at home.

It's not down to mentality, that's just a MOTD and British pundit copout. It plays some small part but there are bigger factors.

It's mainly a lack of quality transfers and depth (disastrous summer window), incompetence in keeping key players fit, and poor tactics.

Wasted season.

We'll probably slink back to our 4th place throne next season,
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dairychocolate
It's not down to mentality, that's just a MOTD and British pundit copout. It plays some small part but there are bigger factors.

It's mainly a lack of quality transfers and depth (disastrous summer window), incompetence in keeping key players fit, and poor tactics.

Wasted season.

We'll probably slink back to our 4th place throne next season,

Yet the same thing happens year after year. You've addressed all those points (some more than others) and the only consistent factor in Arsenal's struggles in the last few years is lack of a strong mentality when the pressure for titles is on.
despite this one being a write off, i'm genuinely looking forward to next season as an Arsenal fan tbh.

Midfield pairing is electric imo, Elneny has changed the whole dynamic of the team in all honesty, Wenger spotted a beauty in him imo, in contrast to his usual stubbornness not to change a setup in which we get heavily exposed in, he's done well here. Iwobi Welbeck Sanchez and Ozil look to be forming a strong bond, especially the former 2. Rewatching the times where they've played together you can see they have a distinct understanding about running in to the space created by each other and its sweet to see from such a young guy like Iwobi, obviously its early days but its a welcoming surprise tbh. Welbeck has got up front on lock for the time being imo, always thought he'd do better on the wing but it seems he's actually getting better wrt his awareness and developing an actual football brain, still not where we need him to be but its not a disaster.

Can only hope players like Wilshere/Ramsey/Cazorla/Giroud arent shunted back in to the team without thought like Wenger sometimes likes to do but on the other hand it is nice to have those kind of alternatives on the bench when we become to predictable during the season which is inevitable.
I'd like De Boer too but I fear he'll only bring in the De Jongs and a LB
Anyone else watching the U18's tonight?
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Anyone else watching the U18's tonight?

you have too much time on your hands brah.
Reply 6409
Original post by Basiji
you have too much time on your hands brah.

Everyone does until they're 2nd year uni tbh.
Clockender still does a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

*unless you do a proper degree. engineering, law and medicine are a madness in first year.

none of dat shitty arts and humanities. kmt.
Basiji knows.....

lol at people getting into debt to study dance and drama at a regular uni
Reply 6412
Yh pretty much agree with both but that's not the point lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
I studied a stupid subject and completely agree.. had to work my ass off since to recover from the horrible mistake that was 'Just study what you love...'

Worst advice ever given to teenagers.
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is too true. I do a somewhat proper degree and 1st year wasn't all that bad, just bringing everyone up to the same standard. 2nd year has been the grimmest **** possible in some of my modules. Buzzing for at least 60 hour weeks of revision for the next 8 weeks :angry:
Original post by Basiji
*unless you do a proper degree. engineering, law and medicine are a madness in first year.

none of dat shitty arts and humanities. kmt.

Law was a joke in first year and tbh for most of the degree.

6 hours of lectures and 2 hours of seminars a week on average for the entire degree.

Basically part-time.
Perfectly summed up by Arsenal legend Wrighty this evening

https://twitter.com/mediocentroEN/status/717431666520633345
Original post by Zerforax
Law was a joke in first year and tbh for most of the degree.

6 hours of lectures and 2 hours of seminars a week on average for the entire degree.

Basically part-time.

u wot m8.

2 of my housemates do law and they have so many lectures, seminars, tutorials and reading to do.

they had like 4 mock exams in january and now have 4 exams in june plus the essays.
Mock exams

Yh bare serious

Lol

Most degrees are chill. Having lots of lecture don't mean **** when 50% of the points are repeated or redundant information.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Perfectly summed up by Arsenal legend Wrighty this evening

https://twitter.com/mediocentroEN/status/717431666520633345

i bet you blame your flu on wenger not making subs before the 60th minute.

for the record atletico were no better tactically set up than us, difficult to say with the red card but i'd probably even say we were better set up to win. not even an AKB tbh.

2nd year maths is a doddle really if you make any slight effort during the term.

Latest