The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Brighton housing for September 2016 (potential housemates)

Hello, my name is Kit and I will be starting university at the falmer campus in Brighton studying linguistics and literature. Halls doesn't really appeal to me as I would prefer the freedom and set up of living in a shared house with three or more people. I thought it might be a good idea to start this thread to find potential housemates for myself and possibly my brother who is currently studying at BIMM. We are both active musicians and like the prospect of living in a well maintained house with like minded and creative people. My current situation is a little bit in the air as I am going to Spain for a few months tomorrow morning as I had to quit my **** job!
Feel free to message on this thread if you are also looking for a house for later this year, let me know about yourself, the area you might want to live in ect. Ideally I would want to meet up with people when I get back, towards the end of June, to see if we would get along and share the same interests. If you are currently reading this and feel you are in a similar situation do get in touch, look forward to hearing from ya'll.
Reply 1
Hi Kit, I'll also be starting in September and am looking to live in a shared house. My names Tom, 19, and I'm living in Eastbourne so can't apply for Brighton uni halls, and travelling from home everyday isn't appealing to me - so private/renting is my best option. I've looked at some houses online and I'm steering towards those which are within a reasonable distance of Brighton Uni (Moulsecoomb campus): 20-30 minute walk and below.

I'll be studying Geology BSc in September, but I'm not bothered about living with other Geology students! The more courses living together the better I say.
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Hi Kit

If you want to look for shared houses you can try our studenthomes site. It's exclusive to University of Brighton students, so you will need your uni username to log in. Landlords have to sign up to our code of conduct to use the site and they're not allowed to charge admin fees, so you'll save a bit of cash :smile:

You can join our Facebook group where students advertise rooms in their houses or group-up to look for somewhere together too.

There's loads of good info in our househunting guide which you can download here.

See you in September! :smile:
Reply 3
Hey Kit, It looks like I will be attending Brighton Uni at the Falmer campus this September. I will be in the Teaching English as a Second language MA programme so we will have some common ground. I am 21 year old male, and also an international student from the United States where I achieved my Bachelor's in Creative Writing.

I'm used to being surrounded by free-thinking people and am kind of afraid to get stuck with people who have complete separate interests than me.

My girlfriend and I are debating on if we should try to find some cool people for a house share or just find an apartment. Let me know what you think man,

Cheers.

Tyko
Original post by KitRiv
Hello, my name is Kit and I will be starting university at the falmer campus in Brighton studying linguistics and literature. Halls doesn't really appeal to me as I would prefer the freedom and set up of living in a shared house with three or more people. I thought it might be a good idea to start this thread to find potential housemates for myself and possibly my brother who is currently studying at BIMM. We are both active musicians and like the prospect of living in a well maintained house with like minded and creative people. My current situation is a little bit in the air as I am going to Spain for a few months tomorrow morning as I had to quit my **** job!
Feel free to message on this thread if you are also looking for a house for later this year, let me know about yourself, the area you might want to live in ect. Ideally I would want to meet up with people when I get back, towards the end of June, to see if we would get along and share the same interests. If you are currently reading this and feel you are in a similar situation do get in touch, look forward to hearing from ya'll.

Hi! My name is Nada and I'm in a similar situation in terms of housing, I'm going to be studying Philosophy, politics and art I'm trying to find like a shared house sort of thing. You posted this so long ago but maybe you have advice or something if you've already found a place.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending