The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

trying to find 2+ new housemates

hello my name is sidney, im a first year architecture student and im trying to find house mates for 2023/2024 september start around july-september.

i wasnt the talkative type so didnt really make much friends, i found a house arounf hales place 460 pcm with a studio in it and i really want to move into the studio room (other rooms are double still nice) i just get really jittery in smaller rooms and need space. i have a lot of things too haha.

so im looking for nice housemates to help make this happen and have a good year with. im a clean person so dont worry about there being a mess or anything haha. please hmu if your interested i can send the link to the place im looking at.

thanks
Reply 1
hi what uni?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by rylz
hi what uni?

UKC
Reply 3
Original post by rylz
hi what uni?

if you go to cccu then theres the bus 21 which takes you to town centre right outside the house so you can get there easily
Reply 4
Original post by sidney efe
UKC

ah okay
Reply 5
if you go to cccu then theres the bus 21 which takes you to town centre right outside the house so you can get there easily

not my area sorry. goodluck though !
Reply 6
Original post by rylz
not my area sorry. goodluck though !

ah sorry, thank you

do you know anybody looking for housemates?
UKC

Still not sure what uni - please don't use abbreviations.
Reply 8
Original post by normaw
Still not sure what uni - please don't use abbreviations.

sorry my bad, UKC - university of Kent

I've moved your thread to the Kent Uni forum to help you get more replies.
thank you very much

You might need to redraft and repost in a new thread because your original post smacks of disorganisation, immaturity and untidiness. I mean, you are looking for housemates, but fail to provide the name of the school on a website that caters to students from diverse areas, and you use a school acronym that's hard to decipher. This does not sell you as a good potential housemate at all.
Original post by osasman
You might need to redraft and repost in a new thread because your original post smacks of disorganisation, immaturity and untidiness. I mean, you are looking for housemates, but fail to provide the name of the school on a website that caters to students from diverse areas, and you use a school acronym that's hard to decipher. This does not sell you as a good potential housemate at all.

nah that aint true ma boy
hello my name is sidney, im a first year architecture student and im trying to find house mates for 2023/2024 september start around july-september.

i wasnt the talkative type so didnt really make much friends, i found a house arounf hales place 460 pcm with a studio in it and i really want to move into the studio room (other rooms are double still nice) i just get really jittery in smaller rooms and need space. i have a lot of things too haha.

so im looking for nice housemates to help make this happen and have a good year with. im a clean person so dont worry about there being a mess or anything haha. please hmu if your interested i can send the link to the place im looking at.

thanks

just go to societies and make friends there if you cant make friend properly

thanks

Hi Sidney
If you're having trouble finding people to join you, you could join our group. We are first/ second year students
We have a large bedroom with a double leather bed, luxury Hypnia mattress, desk and chair plus usual furniture in our student house close to UKC.
We have a large, well equipped kitchen, lounge and also a washing machine and separate tumble dryer.
We have a sunny garden with patio furniture too.

Rent is £412 per month and the tenancy starts 1st July. ( you could possibly move in earlier if needed)

I can send you photos if you're interested.
Bests
Ashley

thanks

Hi Sidney :smile:

I hope that your hunt for house mates has been successful. If you're still having trouble then I would recommend contacting people through university group chats on whatsapp. I had a friend who joined lots of different course groupchats and asked there. She found a few people interested and they went for a meal beforehand to get to know each other. Facebook is another good way to find house mates, there are often people in the university of Kent page looking for housemates. Alternatively if you are unable to find someone then there is always the option to live on campus. I re-applied to live on campus in my second year and I thoroughly enjoyed my time. I was placed in an accommodation block consisting of only second and third years so it was a lot quieter than my first year and everyone was really respectful of other peoples space. This may not be what you wish to do but its always good to plan ahead and know that there is a back up option. I believe the deadline for applying is June 30th so its worth considering applying even if you don't end up living there. Hope this helps and best of luck with your hunt!

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending