The Student Room Group

University tenancy- what does this mean?

Hi everyone!

I move into my 2nd year university house (house of 4) in September.

My boyfriend currently visits every weekend (halls of residence) usually Friday and Saturday night. However, as I know my workload will increase for 2nd year & with house sharing and bills etc I don’t want to annoy flat mates…!

I’m thinking every Saturday evening/Sunday daytime so it’s just 1 night would be fair?

The tenancy doesn’t say much about visitors, it just says “no persons other than the tenant to stay longer than two nights at any one time”. I assume this means no more than twice a week? Does one night a week seem fair?

2 of the girls in the new house were my flatmates in halls & have know my boyfriend for over 6 months.

I’d really like us to work out & seeing him regularly is an integral part to this🥰
Tenancy wise you're fine but i would speak to your housemates. For me every week would be a bit too much. I'd prefer every other week and maybe you could visit him on the weekends he isn't at yours. It will depend on how your housemates feel though
Reply 2
I agree with the post above. What the tenancy agreement says is less important than what your housemates think - especially if bills aren't included.

Do you ever stay at your boyfriend's, or does he always have to come to yours?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone!

I move into my 2nd year university house (house of 4) in September.

My boyfriend currently visits every weekend (halls of residence) usually Friday and Saturday night. However, as I know my workload will increase for 2nd year & with house sharing and bills etc I don’t want to annoy flat mates…!

I’m thinking every Saturday evening/Sunday daytime so it’s just 1 night would be fair?

The tenancy doesn’t say much about visitors, it just says “no persons other than the tenant to stay longer than two nights at any one time”. I assume this means no more than twice a week? Does one night a week seem fair?

2 of the girls in the new house were my flatmates in halls & have know my boyfriend for over 6 months.

I’d really like us to work out & seeing him regularly is an integral part to this🥰

Hello,

If you're in doubt check with your landlord and make sure to let all of your housemates know. Try to agree amongst yourselves on what works for everyone or have them meet your partner before too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending