The Student Room Group

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I am :cry2: my sisters have been all killed for their horn :cry2:

Spoiler

'My sisters have all been killed.' * :smile:
Original post by Hydeman
'My sisters have all been killed.' * :smile:

Oops :eek: thanks for correcting :hugs:

Just edited the post with a "thanks to Hidden Man" :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 502
Reply 504
Original post by homeland.lsw
:hugs:

I see you're back :wink:
Original post by Kyx
I see you're back :wink:

ssssssshhhhhhh :giggle:
Wooooooooo frenchiee!

:excited:
Reply 507

:teehee:

:ahee:

Original post by hezzlington
Wooooooooo frenchiee!

:excited:

Aw I'm sorry I forgot to tag you in :eek:

:colondollar:
x

Touching, very touching :cry2:
Original post by Hamoody
Touching, very touching :cry2:

@FrenchUnicorn Such a good read as usual - so interesting! :hugs: It was fantastic that you were 1st in your mock!! Congratulations!! I cant believe you have been though such a sad time, yet emerged at the other end ready to continue. Not many people can do that at all, it was rather inspiring :smile: :hugs:
Original post by Amellia123
@FrenchUnicorn Such a good read as usual - so interesting! :hugs: It was fantastic that you were 1st in your mock!! Congratulations!! I cant believe you have been though such a sad time, yet emerged at the other end ready to continue. Not many people can do that at all, it was rather inspiring :smile: :hugs:

Thanks Amellia I always enjoy your cute words :colondollar:
Indeed sad times.. But "life goes on" is not a cliché, I know now that it's true.
Thanks for the mock, I was really proud ! I used to be between 30th and 100th - which was amazing- and this time I was 1st really motivated me. It proved I was capable !

I can't wait for my next exams to come, to prove to myself I can keep going, and I'll win my place at the med school, where I belong ! :heart:
Thanks Amellia I always enjoy your cute words :colondollar:
Indeed sad times.. But "life goes on" is not a cliché, I know now that it's true.
Thanks for the mock, I was really proud ! I used to be between 30th and 100th - which was amazing- and this time I was 1st really motivated me. It proved I was capable !

I can't wait for my next exams to come, to prove to myself I can keep going, and I'll win my place at the med school, where I belong ! :heart:

Haha aww you are most welcome Frenchie :hugs: :smile:

Yeah... and you are right :biggrin: If you have the frame of mind you are so much more likely to succeed. That's great! It was a fantastic score! (well it was the best score!) And yes I really does :smile:

You will!! You can do it!!
Haha aww you are most welcome Frenchie :hugs: :smile:

Yeah... and you are right :biggrin: If you have the frame of mind you are so much more likely to succeed. That's great! It was a fantastic score! (well it was the best score!) And yes I really does :smile:

You will!! You can do it!!

Thanks again, I'm touched :five:

Thanks for believing in omg :cry2: :lovehug: :heart:

Thanks again, I'm touched :five:

Thanks for believing in omg :cry2: :lovehug: :heart:

Haha aww that's not problem at all :hugs:
And of course I do! :lovehug: I know you can do it!!
Haha aww that's not problem at all :hugs:
And of course I do! :lovehug: I know you can do it!!

And I believe in you for your exams, even if you feel stressed or whatever, and I'll ALWAYS believe in you :yep: :five:

Spoiler

And I believe in you for your exams, even if you feel stressed or whatever, and I'll ALWAYS believe in you :yep: :five:

Spoiler

Aww thank you Frenchie!! :hugs: :five: That means an awful lot!

Spoiler

Aww thank you Frenchie!! :hugs: :five: That means an awful lot!

Spoiler

:colondollar: :flutter: :heart:

Spoiler

x

Omg Unicorn this is such an interesting read. Gives a good insight into stuff in France. But what 11 exams in 2 days? Are you serious?

It seems as though to some extent you validate your intelligence relative to others but whilst that makes sense on some level you should just be confident that you are a smart girl and you don't need external quantitative results to prove that imo. I think we have come to value academic exam results too much, as if it's like some sort of absolute measure of intelligence.

I have always done well in exams, through school and university, but I know I don't need those grades to have confidence in my abilities. I believe intelligence is so much more than doing well in an exam.

Exams and pressure also take the fun and curiosity out of learning for the most part. The way I think study should become is more focused on true learning as opposed to forced and temporary retainment of information. Idk.

Not sure if that even makes sense- it was just my thoughts as I read.

Hope you're okay lovely :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending