The Student Room Group

Dairy and pig placements

Hi,

I'm applying this October for vet med and have all of the necessary/exotics experience apart from dairy or pigs. I was wondering if anyone knows of any farms in the south east/south of England that would be willing to take me on? I'm getting desperate as I've searched for a while but haven't had a successful yes back from one yet! :frown:
Original post by Danielleegolds
Hi,

I'm applying this October for vet med and have all of the necessary/exotics experience apart from dairy or pigs. I was wondering if anyone knows of any farms in the south east/south of England that would be willing to take me on? I'm getting desperate as I've searched for a while but haven't had a successful yes back from one yet! :frown:

I know of a pig farm in Lincolnshire if you get stuck and are willing to travel

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know some farms in Oxfordshire if that is of any help?
Reply 3
Original post by Danielleegolds
Hi,

I know a great Dairy farm near Guildford if you would like the details and there are lots of pig farms in the oxfordshire area as well.
I think phoning farmers is best as most don't check e-mails that frequently.
Don't stress too much about pig experience, its really difficult to get in the south east and I didn't have any except a sheep farm I went to had 3 sows and a boar so i did see some piglets. If you get plenty of other variety you will probably be fine (I got into Liverpool with no pig experience) but if you can get it that's great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending