The Student Room Group

Do you take the bus at night?

Scroll to see replies

Bus at night? What strange sorcery is this?
Original post by Sad Beta
Do you go clubbing in Shoreditch at the electro music gigs then?

Ive never seen a guy reject a girl in an over the top way. Sounds effeminate lol.

Hipster girls can be bitchy :lol:

Oh god no. Hate electro. That crap needs to die.

I'm mostly on student nights out. Perfect club music to me would involve Bhangra and a live dhol - but, you know, that's pretty niche so... pure RnB would be the next best thing

People kind of roll their eyes, stand dead stiff, mouth over to their friends "lolololol are you seeing this? What's this crazy girl trying to do!" I only asked you for directions, chill tf out.
The latest that I get the bus is around 8.30pm as I will sometimes finish my shift then, but I have taken the night bus in the past. I've never had any seriously bad experiences (knock on wood), but I do tend to avoid the back of the bus on the top deck whenever I can, as you do get some strange people and general rowdiness. I recommend using sound-isolating headphones as that will help you to zone out from the constant noise which, frankly, just drains the energy and patience out of me. :tongue:
I'll take a bus at anytime of the night and I live in London
I've taken them after nights out before in both Manchester and London, never had any problems probably caused more than seen
Lol, I live in the London ends and I take the bus at night and never experienced any problems. It's not really dangerous, is it? This is not flipping South Side Chicago, okay? London is as safe as nostalgia.
Original post by Another
I've never gotten a night bus on my own, it just seems like a daft thing to do (I fall asleep quite easily)

But even with just one other friend, sure it's safe. More often than not though, I don't want to bother with finding a bus stop and waiting half an hour for the damn thing to arrive, so I just get an uber home

I'm a tiny skinny girl. The wonderful thing about this place is, no one cares and everyone leaves you alone :lol:

It's also probably worth noting that my face is 5/10 so no one tries to hit on me

5/10 yeh say?

low self esteem..my kinda girl!
Original post by stefano865
Hmmm

Fine if you're a guy.

Totally fine, assuming you don't mind leaving the bus without the iPhone you got on the bus with :tongue:
It's okay for me, because I was one of those guys that's on the top deck in a large group, laughing, shouting and making fun of everyone else on the bus.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Totally fine, assuming you don't mind leaving the bus without the iPhone you got on the bus with :tongue:

You can't really steal an iPhone, they are worthless once locked with iCloud.
Original post by WoodyMKC

Perhaps you can be my bodyguard. :wink: :teehee:
I've gotten night buses back home from nights out before with no problem. Usually a bunch of drunk people falling asleep and people (who appear sober) just minding their own business. Never been scared or had/seen any incidents before. Also, I can't remember the last time I saw a bus packed like the pic OP posted lmao.
Lol, if I went up to top deck and saw that, I'd turn around and run back downstairs quicker than a golden snitch.
Yes, 1am buses are so fast because of a lack of traffic. Never had any problems.
Original post by stefano865
I'm not. :rolleyes:

I still think it depends hugely on how confident you look.

Sometimes "confidence" can be translated into "u wot m8?!"

:tongue:
night buses are the best kind of bus, they seem to travel further :biggrin:
"School buses are worse. Much, much worse." - Coming from a guy who has to deal with that every school day.

Otherwise, the closest I've been was getting the 43 at around 6am (which I really don't consider night).

Quick Reply

Latest