The Student Room Group

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up

Scroll to see replies

@FrenchUnicorn thank you for tagging me! I very interesting read as usual :smile: I can see what you mean about working so hard and then not knowing what to do in the holidays. I am looking forward to your next post! :hugs:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
x

I'm glad you're in a great mood Licorne! :jive: :heart:
That was another fantastic post and you wrote it really well. It kept me really interested the whole way through, as your other posts have done. Just so you know, I was not laughing when you were talking about discovering life again - I understand what you mean. :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by Amellia123
@FrenchUnicorn thank you for tagging me! I very interesting read as usual :smile: I can see what you mean about working so hard and then not knowing what to do in the holidays. I am looking forward to your next post! :hugs:

Thanks Amellia it means a lot :love: :heart:

[QUOTE="Matrix123;64155123"]
xQUOTE]
I'm glad you're in a great mood Licorne! :jive: :heart:
That was another fantastic post and you wrote it really well. It kept me really interested the whole way through, as your other posts have done. Just so you know, I was not laughing when you were talking about discovering life again - I understand what you mean. :wink:

Spoiler

Awww thank youuu !! Hope you're good as well :jive:

Thanks again for correcting, I'm glad I did only 2 mistakes !! I'll edit right now :yep: :hugs:
[QUOTE="FrenchUnicorn;64155187"]Thanks Amellia it means a lot :love: :heart:

Original post by Matrix123

Awww thank youuu !! Hope you're good as well :jive:

Thanks again for correcting, I'm glad I did only 2 mistakes !! I'll edit right now :yep: :hugs:

You're welcome. Yes, I'm in a good mood too :h: :jive:

De rien! Yes, you're improving :biggrin::hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww @FrenchUnicorn thank you so much for tagging me. As usual, this tugged on my heart strings and I just feel like giving you a hug.
Original post by Rhythmical
Aww @FrenchUnicorn thank you so much for tagging me. As usual, this tugged on my heart strings and I just feel like giving you a hug.

You're adorable :jumphug: :love:
@FrenchUnicorn :lovehug: As usual it is amazing
Original post by homeland.lsw
@FrenchUnicorn :lovehug: As usual it is amazing

Thank youuu :lovehug: :hugs:
You're adorable :jumphug: :love:

Now we know who is the adorable one, you :biggrin: thanks to you I earnt my level three Clever Clogs badge.
Original post by Rhythmical
Now we know who is the adorable one, you :biggrin: thanks to you I earnt my level three Clever Clogs badge.

Awww :blush: thank you :heart:
Woohoooooo ! :excited: :jive: :dance:
Awww :blush: thank you :heart:
Woohoooooo ! :excited: :jive: :dance:

I dont get it. youre repeating first year?

yeh remind me of a frenchie I know....of any frenchie I know tbh....maybe the stereotypes are true
Original post by trustmeimlying1
maybe the stereotypes are true

Stereotypes of French people are always true. They all eat stinky cheese. :yep:
I dont get it. youre repeating first year?

yeh remind me of a frenchie I know....of any frenchie I know tbh....maybe the stereotypes are true

I did. Did you read the whole blog ? In France selection occurs during the 1st year. We are 2500 and only 331 can continue to year 2
Awful lol

The french stereotypes are true I think lol

Original post by Hydeman
Stereotypes of French people are always true. They all eat stinky cheese. :yep:

Did someone say CHEEEEESE ? :ahee:
I did. Did you read the whole blog ? In France selection occurs during the 1st year. We are 2500 and only 331 can continue to year 2
Awful lol

The french stereotypes are true I think lol

Did someone say CHEEEEESE ? :ahee:

so if yeh fail first year for a second time youll head to prague. grand. thats determination. I hope yeh get what yeh want eventually.
so if yeh fail first year for a second time youll head to prague. grand. thats determination. I hope yeh get what yeh want eventually.

Yep. I actually get a place for dentistery school, pharma school, midwifery and physio. But instead of continue to do one of those I dropped out to apply abroad. Don't wanna live my life in a default option.
And thanks ^.^ !
Yep. I actually get a place for dentistery school, pharma school, midwifery and physio. But instead of continue to do one of those I dropped out to apply abroad. Don't wanna live my life in a default option.
And thanks ^.^ !
yep I know a mate who wants it as well. he's not sure whether hell go to somewhere like prague or if hell do gradmed in UK/Ireland.
yep I know a mate who wants it as well. he's not sure whether hell go to somewhere like prague or if hell do gradmed in UK/Ireland.

I applied to UK actually, but I got rejected. At 1st they were like " aw interesting student" then I had to tell I failed a med course lol. They threw me away :' )
I applied to UK actually, but I got rejected. At 1st they were like " aw interesting student" then I had to tell I failed a med course lol. They threw me away :' )

A lot of UK medical schools have that policy for reasons that I don't quite know. :dontknow: And it's not just a medicine course -- they won't take you if you've dropped out/failed any university course. It does seem a bit absolutist and cruel. :moon:
Original post by Hydeman
A lot of UK medical schools have that policy for reasons that I don't quite know. :dontknow: And it's not just a medicine course -- they won't take you if you've dropped out/failed any university course. It does seem a bit absolutist and cruel. :moon:

are yeh french too? its only fair given the competition
are yeh french too? its only fair given the competition

No, I'm British. :3 And no, I don't think it's fair to be absolute about it. One could have dropped out/failed for any number of reasons out of one's control.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending