The Student Room Group

Do I have to be good at drawing for A-level Graphics?

Hi everyone! So I am thinking of picking graphics at college as I really enjoy it at school and my coursework is A/A*. Do I need to be good at drawing to choose it at college? I am really worried about whether I would be good to pick it or not as I am not very good at drawing.

Thanks
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Yes you do, it's more fine art than computer design. I got an A* GCSE and my teacher told me not to do it even though my coursework was at 90/90 because it is not like the GCSE

Sorry if that is not the answer you wanted
Reply 3
Original post by AfcFob
Yes you do, it's more fine art than computer design. I got an A* GCSE and my teacher told me not to do it even though my coursework was at 90/90 because it is not like the GCSE

Sorry if that is not the answer you wanted

Thank you! It is just confusing because I have been told by other people that you don't have to be good at it. I really don't know what to make of it :ashamed2:
Reply 4
I have quite a few friends that take PD and they aren't exactly good at drawing and they seem to be doing well?

I'm not entirely sure though, there's going to be some element of it being actually presentable and understandable, so if you want to take it, work on that, i guess?
Also, have you asked your teacher?
Reply 5
Original post by pingu58011
Thank you! It is just confusing because I have been told by other people that you don't have to be good at it. I really don't know what to make of it :ashamed2:

My college made people submit a portfolio of work to show that they were capable of drawing to a high standard but it might be different between exam boards

Quick Reply

Latest