The Student Room Group

LLB LAW 4 YEARS - Help.

Not sure what to base my choice of university on.
Ive applied to - Uni of liverpool, aston university, oxford brookes, brunel & nottingham trent.
Predicted - ABB
Aston university have many placement opportunities, however it is not part of the russel group. Many people have said that firms will look down on me as it's not part of the russel group, especially because im doing a Law course. What are the pros/cons of studying at a russel group university?
Im really confused on where to go for what reasons and why it's a good university for my course!
I would say Liverpool but I highly recommend that you visit each university and see what it's like for yourself. Not just the university but also the city because you are going to live there for 3 or 4 years.
Reply 2
Original post by Legendary Quest
I would say Liverpool but I highly recommend that you visit each university and see what it's like for yourself. Not just the university but also the city because you are going to live there for 3 or 4 years.

My heart was set on Liverpool, however i felt that the year abroad to China wasn't going to benefit me in any way it's not very law related, as it sways more towards chinas culture/society strangely and Id have to learn chinese which i have noooooo interest in doing :K:
Original post by rkuni16
My heart was set on Liverpool, however i felt that the year abroad to China wasn't going to benefit me in any way it's not very law related, as it sways more towards chinas culture/society strangely and Id have to learn chinese which i have noooooo interest in doing :K:

Have you contacted the university and asked them if it is possible for you to do a placement year instead (get an internship or something instead) or remove that year and progress into year 3 straight after year 2?
Original post by rkuni16
Not sure what to base my choice of university on.
Ive applied to - Uni of liverpool, aston university, oxford brookes, brunel & nottingham trent.
Predicted - ABB
Aston university have many placement opportunities, however it is not part of the russel group. Many people have said that firms will look down on me as it's not part of the russel group, especially because im doing a Law course. What are the pros/cons of studying at a russel group university?
Im really confused on where to go for what reasons and why it's a good university for my course!

I would probably go for Liverpool.
Not much difference grade more important, but prob pool. the year in China sounded awesome. Would have been goo if you could have made some of that on Chinese legal system.
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
Not much difference grade more important, but prob pool. the year in China sounded awesome. Would have been goo if you could have made some of that on Chinese legal system.

Would it be a complete waste of a year as its got nothing to do with english law and id have to learn a completely new language? might also be useless in the UK?
Original post by rkuni16
Would it be a complete waste of a year as its got nothing to do with english law and id have to learn a completely new language? might also be useless in the UK?

Experience isnt wasted, language skills are valued. It could help you stand out a bit especually if it was an international firm with links to China. Otherwise just ask if you cna do a 3 year LLB. If theyve go a year in China then it must be linked for a reason, ask them the benefits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending