The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by returnmigrant
Because they wont know how many 'near misses' they might take (if any) until Results Day, and naturally they aren't going to say at this stage that you don't need to get the grades to get into their Uni.

If you already think you wont get the grades for Surrey its a bit silly picking it as your Firm - especially for something as competitive as Law.

I personally wouldn't listen to this, I suggest forming Surrey and try to get the grades and if you don't they still may take and and you have an insurance for this anyway! So good luck!
Still waiting for Warwick.....
Just visited Durham... Very impressed. Very close to firming them, but going to see Edinburgh before I make any final decisions.
finally received my Notts offer!!! Still quite shocked :biggrin:
Original post by Bijoux1801
I had applied for law with french and french law. They gave me an offer for just french studies. I dont want that either lol.

Have an offerfrom Bristol though so i think i might firm them

Bristol is really good! Congratulations! Good luck for your exams.
Original post by Amie_U

Ditto. Which LLB did you apply for, and is it your first choice?

It seems strange that they haven't replied yet....at this poiny, I've more or less settled on another school, although, initially, WW was my first choice...
Original post by Assan
Ditto. Which LLB did you apply for, and is it your first choice?

It seems strange that they haven't replied yet....at this poiny, I've more or less settled on another school, although, initially, WW was my first choice...

I applied for the Law M100 and some of my friends are also waiting on them too. The wait is just so stressful but I understand that they have until early may so fingers crossed and high hopes
Original post by Amie_U
I applied for the Law M100 and some of my friends are also waiting on them too. The wait is just so stressful but I understand that they have until early may so fingers crossed and high hopes

The next offer holder day is 29th april so hopefully you will hear before that
Firmed Durham and insured Edinburgh!
Original post by Jasmine Lim
I just received an email from Durham's International Office, inviting me to an "offer holder online chat". I thought I had finally received an offer from them and wanted to double check this on UCAS.

However, on my UCAS, it shows that I'm still waiting for a decision from Durham. Does this mean that UCAS hasn't been updated yet or does this mean that Durham hasn't accepted/rejected me yet? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just wanted to clear up any potential misunderstandings/doubts:

I went for Durham's "offer holder online chat". I asked if I was given an offer already since I was invited to this chat. I was told that they invited people who received offers from them + applicants that they have yet to make a decision.

So... It doesn't mean that you received that online chat = you have an offer from them. But then again, don't lose hope! If you haven't received an offer, you still do stand a chance :smile:. I was also told that they are sorting through the applications and are looking to make decisions asap.
durham or ucl?
Original post by SebastianCanuck
Firmed Durham and insured Edinburgh!

From reading another thread, I thought you had a prior degree? Is that the case?

Just wondering because if you have the grades, wondering how you can have a firm and insurance
Original post by Assan
From reading another thread, I thought you had a prior degree? Is that the case?

Just wondering because if you have the grades, wondering how you can have a firm and insurance

Lol not sure which thread you're talking about bc I'm still in high school
Lol not sure which thread you're talking about bc I'm still in high school

I must have misunderstood :smile:

I think it was a Canadian students thread, but there was probably a bunch of people with prior degrees there :smile:. Congrats on your offers by the way, and enjoy Durham :smile:
Original post by Assan
I must have misunderstood :smile:

I think it was a Canadian students thread, but there was probably a bunch of people with prior degrees there :smile:. Congrats on your offers by the way, and enjoy Durham :smile:

Haha yeah I started that thread. You're Canadian aren't you?
Haha yeah I started that thread. You're Canadian aren't you?

No, actually. Just graduated from a Canadian high school, went to a Canadian university, and love Canada and Canadians :smile:
Original post by Amie_U

what were your results/predictions?
Original post by Amie_U

Hey, Warwick just emailed me to say I have an interview next week. It seems it's not an automatic rejection after all, so keep your head and hopes up girl.
So what grades does everyone need to get and how confident are you feeling? :smile: I've got to get AAA for Notts and feeling okay about two of them, just worried about maths
Has anyone firmed Manchester? I did and insured Liverpool. However, since the new CUG rankings were announced a few days ago, I'm having doubts as the graduate prospects has dropped slightly and overall ranking slightly too. I didn't base my sole decision on this but Iv insured Liverpool as my back up and it seems their graduate prospects have gone up.
Anyone else seen this?
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?o=Graduate+Prospects&s=Law

Latest

Trending

Trending