The Student Room Group

Failing A Levels & The Future

Hello,

At this point in the year it's fairly clear I'm not going to pass/get very high grades in my A-Levels. I do have extenuating circumstances (illnesses) which led to this. I am not giving up, but with the amount of college I've missed, it'll be very, very difficult to do well.

My question is: if I do fail, but in September do a BTEC and do well in it, will I be limited in the future? I plan to go to University, and say I get a degree and do well, will employers see my A Levels as a negative fact that I didn't do well, or will the extenuating circumstances be a factor?

I'm just stressing out that the mistake in choosing A Levels will impact me for the rest of my life...
Original post by celloel
Hello,

At this point in the year it's fairly clear I'm not going to pass/get very high grades in my A-Levels. I do have extenuating circumstances (illnesses) which led to this. I am not giving up, but with the amount of college I've missed, it'll be very, very difficult to do well.

My question is: if I do fail, but in September do a BTEC and do well in it, will I be limited in the future? I plan to go to University, and say I get a degree and do well, will employers see my A Levels as a negative fact that I didn't do well, or will the extenuating circumstances be a factor?

I'm just stressing out that the mistake in choosing A Levels will impact me for the rest of my life...

Im currently retaking a2. I had medical issues fue to fatiue and t1 diabetes which was undiagnosed. Btech is usually like 2 years. It wouldnt limit you all that much but you will find it much harder to get into the better unis such as warwick, leeds, Birmingham !nd so on... if you feel you can handle a level when your better you can consider retaking.
A BTEC is good if you know what career route you want to go into.

I do one myself.:smile:

EDIT: Just try to do whatever you can to stay motivated and revise for the exams and if things don't turn out, you can opt for the BTEC.

Failing A levels is not be all end all.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by celloel
Hello,

Failed your A levels? Oh dear not on my A*AA level. No wonder you can't debate

See two can play this tit for tat game :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Venusian Visitor
Failed your A levels? Oh dear not on my A*AA level. No wonder you can't debate

See two can play this tit for tat game :smile:

I didn't fail them, I'm still doing my AS year.

You can, and I honestly don't mind - nothing on my account is anything I'm embarrassed about, and I'm pretty okay with the fact that I'm not doing so groovy atm with school.

Good luck getting anywhere in life with your A*AA - considering you enjoy the murder of innocent children and everything. I'm sure you'll do perfectly well at University and in a job (sarcasm).
Original post by celloel
I didn't fail them, I'm still doing my AS year.

You can, and I honestly don't mind - nothing on my account is anything I'm embarrassed about, and I'm pretty okay with the fact that I'm not doing so groovy atm with school.

Good luck getting anywhere in life with your A*AA - considering you enjoy the murder of innocent children and everything. I'm sure you'll do perfectly well at University and in a job (sarcasm).

I don't need to study and work with plebs, I have property. Why am even arguing with some teen student who lives with mummy?
Reply 6
Original post by Venusian Visitor
I don't need to study and work with plebs, I have property. Why am even arguing with some teen student who lives with mummy?

You're psychotic, argument done.
I hope you find a therapist that either helps you, or sends you to the institution you need to attend.
Original post by celloel
You're psychotic, argument done.
I hope you find a therapist that either helps you, or sends you to the institution you need to attend.

Whatever, go back to your coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest