The Student Room Group

Islander Appreciation Society (British and Japanese welcome)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinasaurus
Oh, is ki position like slang? Yeah I can see how that would mean that come to think of it.

Good night

Yeah "Ki Position" is slang:yes:. But the whole Creole language is broken French, it's kind of like how Jamaicans speak Patois.

How do you normally greet each other in Seychelles?

Night. I should really get some sleep.:tongue:
Original post by Zacken
Just by the way, don't call a stranger nation or lascar (it actually means muslim) because they're fairly deragatory! :tongue:

It's so late here I know I should sleep as well :rofl:

Okay thank you for the advice, I'll keep that in mind.:tongue:
Original post by Jay to the mill
Yeah "Ki Position" is slang:yes:. But the whole Creole language is broken French, it's kind of like how Jamaicans speak Patois.

How do you normally greet each other in Seychelles?

Night. I should really get some sleep.:tongue:

I don't really have friends my age in Seychelles so I'm not sure what the current slang is but I know people used to say, "Ki deal" which means whats up.

But generally, when I greet my family, it is the French way of kissing them on both cheeks.
I'm from Seychelles

Look, Mauritius and Seychelles need to team up man. The real competition here is the Maldives. I mean William and Kate went there instead of one of our countries.

Original post by Zacken
Loool pa moi sa, ena ban mauricien ki pe cachiete ek pe guette TeeEm so ban zaferr :rofl:

(For other readers: this is us plotting on overthrowing the global economy and tearing it all down.)

Ahh korek. Ey ena en lautre user appel TheOtherSide. le aussi ena en ta visits depi maurice. Kot sa banne maucien la pe sorti?? :rofl:

(And this part is specifically how we're going to steal a lot of dollars from the IMF bailout funds)
Original post by yoda123
I'm from Mauritius! Curepipe specifically!

En lautre depi Curepipe lol. Moi mo depi Port Louis :u:
Yeah "Ki Position" is slang:yes:. But the whole Creole language is broken French, it's kind of like how Jamaicans speak Patois.How do you normally greet each other in Seychelles?Night. I should really get some sleep.:tongue:

Creole is basically taking a baseball bat to the French dictionary xD
Reply 45
Original post by Axel Johann

Best description I've heard of it so far. :rofl:

Wait you are from Mauritius as well?:gasp:

I always thought you were Pakistani.
Wait you are from Mauritius as well?:gasp:

I always thought you were Pakistani.

yep, and no lol not from Pakistan:rofl:
yep, and no lol not from Pakistan:rofl:

Btw this is "Ya Dunno".:wink:

please don't tell me you're Mauritian too...

oh ffs xD might as well speak to eachother properly now

ki position?
oh ffs xD might as well speak to eachother properly now

ki position?

Yeah I am currently in La Rue Pagoda which is in Port-Luis I don't know if you know where that is? but there's mainly only Muslim here or Lascars.:laugh:

Qui en place la, twa ki nouvel?
Yeah I am currently in La Rue Pagoda which is in Port-Luis I don't know if you know where that is? but there's mainly only Muslim here or Lascars.:laugh:

Qui en place la, twa ki nouvel?

Plaine-Verte :five:
wow you live so close to my house in Mauritius haha. Sorry I cant tell you my street name haha, you can get away with because of how freaking long La Rue Pagoda is haha.

which mosque do you go to? Shawkat, Al-Aqsa or that zamzam one I think its called
Look, Mauritius and Seychelles need to team up man. The real competition here is the Maldives. I mean William and Kate went there instead of one of our countries.

Ahh korek. Ey ena en lautre user appel TheOtherSide. le aussi ena en ta visits depi maurice. Kot sa banne maucien la pe sorti?? :rofl:

(And this part is specifically how we're going to steal a lot of dollars from the IMF bailout funds)

En lautre depi Curepipe lol. Moi mo depi Port Louis :u:

They came to Seychelles for their honeymoon after their wedding, hopefully they come back D:

I think having Somalia as our nearest neighbour is bad press for us.
Plaine-Verte :five:
wow you live so close to my house in Mauritius haha. Sorry I cant tell you my street name haha, you can get away with because of how freaking long La Rue Pagoda is haha.

which mosque do you go to? Shawkat, Al-Aqsa or that zamzam one I think its called

Yeah La Rue Pagoda is really long:lol:, and Port-Louis is always so hot at this time of year, I thought I was about to collapse with the heat,:headfire: Just yesterday I was in Cure-Pipe and it was raining but soon as you enter Port Louis you start to feel the heat again.:rofl::fan:

It depends where I am, if I am on La Rue La Paix then I go the big Masjid down that road, otherwise I live two seconds from Al-Aqsa so I normally go there all the time!:biggrin:

Which one do you normally attend? there's quite a lot tbh.:rofl:

Do you normally visit Mauritius a lot?s:curious:

I think I might stay till the race course down Champ De Mars, then it's back to the grey clouds of the UK again.
(edited 8 years ago)
Come on Islanders, show yourselves!
Reply 56
Come on Islanders, show yourselves!

I'm late but heeeeey
Original post by slc98
I'm late but heeeeey

Hey, which island are you from?
Reply 58
Hey, which island are you from?