The Student Room Group

London Mayoral Election

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Omen96
LOOOOOOL "adopted that tone"

My problem was with mayoral elections LMAO, I consider them pointless especially in London. And yes I said Immigrants statistically vote Labour, and I made the point London is >50% immigrants so Labour will win anyway making the election even more pointless. Why are you crying for me pointing out a fact? Every election many more Immigrants vote Labour over Tory and London is statistically majority made of immigrants so it does not take a genius to put 2 and 2 together but I understand I may have hurt your left wing safe space lol

LMAO. I dont have time for you, just read what you just said pls.
I have the feel for Sadiq Khan. :biggrin:
Sadiq Khan, if I had a vote.

Zac Goldsmith is the most un-inspiring candidate the Tories could have chosen. And he has played a thoroughly nasty game against Khan.
Reply 63
You're a hippie? :teehee:
Being a hippie does not stop you voting, if you live in London and are on the electoral register.

It is looking more likely that Sadiq Khan will be elected. I think we need Green Assembly members to make the Green voice heard.
Original post by Swanbow
Sadiq Khan, if I had a vote.

Zac Goldsmith is the most un-inspiring candidate the Tories could have chosen. And he has played a thoroughly nasty game against Khan.

It's disgraceful and all the worst for the fact that in the past he's presented himself as some sort of moral guy with deep concerns for the environment and better living. Until it gets to the election, at which point he's right down in the gutter with Lynton Crosby and his hate machine.
Reply 66
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's disgraceful and all the worst for the fact that in the past he's presented himself as some sort of moral guy with deep concerns for the environment and better living. Until it gets to the election, at which point he's right down in the gutter with Lynton Crosby and his hate machine.

I lost respect for him when he voted in favour of the disabled cuts. Tells you all you need to know about the man

Lifelong Tory Peter Oborne and numerous tory muslims have come out and slated goldsmiths dog whistling campaign.
I always thought Zac was decent, this has been disgraceful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bornblue
Lifelong Tory Peter Oborne and numerous tory muslims have come out and slated goldsmiths dog whistling campaign.
I always thought Zac was decent, this has been disgraceful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right, he WAS decent. Such a shambolic and disgraceful campaign (coming from a tory)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lime-man
You're right, he WAS decent. Such a shambolic and disgraceful campaign (coming from a tory)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a strange one isn't it? Although i'm a tory hater, Zak always seemed a bit of maverick, his own man, someone who wouldn't just follow a party line.

Yet all he's done is tried to incite and exasparte religious tensions against a secular Muslim who's spent his life fighting extremism.

The biggest worry as Oborne says it what message does this show to young Muslims? That if you want to get involved in politics and fight extremism that you'll be labelled as an extremist or extremist sympathiser based on the fact you are muslim.

They've also made great use of guilt by association. Finding any event Khan went to and seeing if anyone else who went to the event has said anything bad before or since.

Lynton Crosby, a man I utterly despise. I was hoping we would bugger off down under to help wreck Turnball's government, instead of fiddling his fingers over here. Is he working on the Goldsmith campaign?

Aye the fact he has really relied on his minions to try muster up this false rage about Khan being an extremist sympathiser is pathetic. He reminds of David Cameron pre-2010, when he was pretending to care about the environment and trying to hug hoodies. I think the Tories could do a lot to garner support of increasingly affluent minorities in the capital, but why they thought Goldsmith would be able to do it is beyond me. He belongs in a bad period drama, not 21st century politics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending