The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7060
Original post by shawn_o1
Reports now saying that man city are in for Walcott. Not having it tbh, unless they really do want to have two Sterlings on the pitch

Doubt they'd actually be in for anyone until Guardiola actually signs
Original post by Lúcio
Yeah because we'd actually do something with consistent 4th place finishes....

The reason you're all so pissed is because you've been in the same good position every single year yet somehow do not improve in the slightest.

You don't have the fight or desire, not like Spurs and Leicester do. You don't deserve to be up there and quite frankly your fan support is abysmal anyway.

Absolute rubbish.

The sense of false entitlement from Liverpool fans summed up in one post. There's a reason why you finish outside the top 4 almost every year, it's cos your shite. Klopp coming in hasn't changed anything so far unless you win the EL, stop talking like Liverpool are back amongst the big boys.

Saying we don't deserve to be up there almost made me spit my drink out, the bitterness is way too sweet. Would you like to explain why not? Our fan support at the Ems is shite, OK, but so are every other home teams support. Quite frankly are fans have gone through a lot of BS in the last 10 years or so, and pay good money to come watch the team, they can react however they choose, even if I don't personally like it.
Yeah but your away support is shite as well.
Original post by AliRizzo

Saying we don't deserve to be up there almost made me spit my drink out, the bitterness is way too sweet. Would you like to explain why not? .

I guess your lack of competitiveness in European competition is historically very poor - it's not that difficult to see why people say you don't deserve to be up there, as you do nothing to compete, and push forwards in top level competitions such as the CL, and even the league you haven't finished top 2 since the 00s.

It's one step, forward, one step backwards - a slightly alternate take on that one, but really you are so consistent at being almost competitive but constantly disappointing when trying to get that second foot forward.

You want these teams to be pushing on, taking risks, but with Arsenal it's so safe, and very easy to become frustrated about as a support or even non-supporter!
What's the message we send out during the recruitment period? That's right, it's the weakest message possible: "Come here if you want to play football." There's literally no meaning to that message, it displays a total lack of ambition and is the reason why some teams are always fighting relegation
Arsene Wenger has lost it completely. Bloke is about 1 month away from turning up to the scene saying he's a friend of Raoul Moat.

He says that "pundits and former players have less character than the current team". Even though they all won titles and the current players have won f*ck all besides 2 FA Cups (nice trophy to win, but no indication of progression at all.)

Says we are champions away and not as good at home (Leicester and spurs have better away records than us). Blaming the fans for their negative atmosphere even though he always bangs on about the "mental strength" and "solidarity" the players have. Diego Simeone's Atlético team have the qualities that Wenger thinks his team has.

Says we've had a top attitude since day one. Day one where we lost at home to West Ham. And our attitude has been piss poor all season. Underestimating lesser teams and dropping points, which has ultimately cost us the title, amongst other things. He needs to just f*ck off now before things get ugly.
(edited 7 years ago)
^ how about you knock on the social media feeds of our current players and try to engage their opinion of Wenger. Press Press Press for the truth, push push push the anti-Arsene agenda until you succeed.

(A lot of managers would bite your hand off if you told them they would beat Utd, City and Bayern at home though)
(edited 7 years ago)
^ As if Walcott's going to turn around and call Wenger a nonce with the accompanied #WengerOut hashtag via Instagram after some neeky little child in a replica Arsenal shirt bombarded him with tweets and snapchats of the Wenger Out banner.

inb4 Leinads daily routine
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Arsene Wenger has lost it completely. Bloke is about 1 month away from turning up to the scene saying he's a friend of Raoul Moat.

He says that "pundits and former players have less character than the current team". Even though they all won titles and the current players have won f*ck all besides 2 FA Cups (nice trophy to win, but no indication of progression at all.)

Says we are champions away and not as good at home (Leicester and spurs have better away records than us). Blaming the fans for their negative atmosphere even though he always bangs on about the "mental strength" and "solidarity" the players have. Diego Simeone's Atlético team have the qualities that Wenger thinks his team has.

Says we've had a top attitude since day one. Day one where we lost at home to West Ham. And our attitude has been piss poor all season. Underestimating lesser teams and dropping points, which has ultimately cost us the title, amongst other things. He needs to just f*ck off now before things get ugly.

He's like a dictator in his last days in charge. Press conference earlier confirmed it.

I think the scary part is it's not even for political reasons/media reasons, he genuinely believes our team has this character as shown by the refusal to sign an outfield player in the summer transfer window.

He's really got to go, I have no hopes for next season at all, with Chelsea and City having new managers, Utd potentially having one and the belief Leicester/Spurs/Liverpool will have it's not gonna be good next season with Wenger in charge.
Relegation next season
Our team does have plenty of character.

Wenger has turned us into a Mickey Mouse club through and through.
Original post by AR_95
Swear we had £200m last summer, what happened to that 50

Giroud spent it all at Boots
really hope wenger signs a 3 year extension after the match tbh
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
really hope wenger signs a 3 year extension after the match tbh

ffs :rofl:
Arsenal have a spineless manager, spineless board and spineless fans.
Reply 7075
Mad metastatic spinal cord compressions in north London
Reply 7076
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Giroud spent it all at Boots

Boots spent it all on Giroud
Original post by SA-1
Mad metastatic spinal cord compressions in north London

you going to the game? you taking part in the protests?
You know how far your club's fallen when its fans want the team to lose.
Reply 7079
Original post by swirly
you going to the game? you taking part in the protests?

I had a ticket, but I also have an exam on Wed which I'm pretty ****ed for so I decided no to go 😔

I wouldn't take part in protests though

Original post by AR_95
Boots spent it all on Giroud

It doesn't work like that man. You need to just reply, without quoting them.. directly underneath their post. Do you even Misc thread ffs

Original post by shawn_o1
You know how far your club's fallen when its fans want the team to lose.

If Arsenal's fans were to represent Arsenal, we would have been relegated by now. The Emirates is a cesspit of tourists, and fickle fans.

I'd never want Arsenal to lose, it goes against the whole purpose of "supporting" a team doesn't it?

What else do you expect from this fanbase though
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest