The Student Room Group

Failing Chemistry

I tried so hard in my mocks and revised all the time. The funny thing is that I understand all the content in the specification but the exam was so specific with their answers. I did try practice questions towards the exams and I did fairly well in them.
Can anyone help in telling me what else I can do? Or what is/was beneficial for you?
Btw I'm taking A-level Chemistry, first year and the board is AQA
Thank you
What grade did you get?

My answer will depend on this
Reply 2
Original post by Nmxo
I tried so hard in my mocks and revised all the time. The funny thing is that I understand all the content in the specification but the exam was so specific with their answers. I did try practice questions towards the exams and I did fairly well in them.
Can anyone help in telling me what else I can do? Or what is/was beneficial for you?
Btw I'm taking A-level Chemistry, first year and the board is AQA
Thank you

yo around Jan i was around at an D/E grade at chem im at a high B low A now chem guide is very good and one thing i found helped was doing harder papers for example doing the new specimen papers try the sample papers http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-chemistry-a-h032-h432-from-2015/ and one thing is if you have end of chapter questions do all of them they helped me soo much
Reply 3
Sorry, should've mentioned this before. But yeah I got a D.
Apparently my whole school didn't do well in this test but that's just an average.

Original post by richpanda
What grade did you get?

My answer will depend on this
Original post by Nmxo
Sorry, should've mentioned this before. But yeah I got a D.
Apparently my whole school didn't do well in this test but that's just an average.

right so it's not disasterous. And if what you said is true (that you understand ALL of the content), then you will be fine as long as you practice your exam technique. Do every past paper available.
Reply 5
Really? Okay I fell confident now that I can change this. But yeah I have done all the end of chapter questions but I will definitely try the sample papers. Thank you

Original post by hashman
yo around Jan i was around at an D/E grade at chem im at a high B low A now chem guide is very good and one thing i found helped was doing harder papers for example doing the new specimen papers try the sample papers http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-chemistry-a-h032-h432-from-2015/ and one thing is if you have end of chapter questions do all of them they helped me soo much
Reply 6
Original post by Nmxo
Really? Okay I fell confident now that I can change this. But yeah I have done all the end of chapter questions but I will definitely try the sample papers. Thank you

:biggrin:
Reply 7
Thank you for your replies and yes u think working on my exam technique is something I definitely need to work on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest