The Student Room Group

Struggling with A-levels

I wasn’t expecting A levels to be this difficult. It’s so draining. I was a grade 7-8-9 student during GCSEs and my whole life I got top grades. A- levels are really humbling. I did Biology, Chemistry and Economics. It’s summer holidays currently and I failed all subjects. My mental health and health wasn’t the best this year so I fell back on studies but I tried my best to catch up. I’m re sitting the exams and hopefully I pass. I’m really nervous if I don’t pass. I already dropped chemistry as it added so much stress and I don’t really need it for my future endeavours. Is it just me or has this happened to anyone? What advice could you give me?
Original post by norii.06
I wasn’t expecting A levels to be this difficult. It’s so draining. I was a grade 7-8-9 student during GCSEs and my whole life I got top grades. A- levels are really humbling. I did Biology, Chemistry and Economics. It’s summer holidays currently and I failed all subjects. My mental health and health wasn’t the best this year so I fell back on studies but I tried my best to catch up. I’m re sitting the exams and hopefully I pass. I’m really nervous if I don’t pass. I already dropped chemistry as it added so much stress and I don’t really need it for my future endeavours. Is it just me or has this happened to anyone? What advice could you give me?

Hi,
I’m a year 13 student going into university next year. The move from GCSE to A level is really really difficult I must admit, I know many people including myself who have struggled. I picked one of my subjects because I was really good at in during GCSEs but now I’m failing that said subject. I would definitely encourage you to put your mental health first. If you think any subject is specifically causing you any strain etc I’d just say drop it or sub it for another subject if you have the choice. But also don’t give up, a levels require a lot of independent study and you can always feel free to ask anyone including the TSR community, your teachers or even a tutor for help. I also resat one of my exams, I’d recommend you to start revising asap for both your resit and your A2 levels.

Quick Reply

Latest