The Student Room Group

At what age did you realise kindness is more important than intelligence?

<DELETED>
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I don't think the realisation has hit anyone here just yet :s-smilie:
Intelligence is an attribute, not a virtue. It is like saying that having really long arms or a big truck is a virtue.
Reply 3
Original post by RainPoncho
And how? Or maybe you've always lived by this? Maybe you disagree and think both are equally important? Or do you think intelligence is a greater virtue than kindness?

I'm just interested in people's thoughts. The title is a bit vague I guess, make of it what you will :biggrin:

It's coming.
Are you watching the football btw?
what? ill be sure to bump the thread when i do
And how? Or maybe you've always lived by this? Maybe you disagree and think both are equally important? Or do you think intelligence is a greater virtue than kindness?

I'm just interested in people's thoughts. The title is a bit vague I guess, make of it what you will :biggrin:

As pointed out its an attribute.

It depends on context and its a bit meaningless without it. You need to elaborate more.
intelligence is better as
intelligence is knowledge
knowledge is power
power leads to success
success leads to money
and money leads to romance
Original post by jamesthehustler
intelligence is better as
intelligence is knowledge
knowledge is power
power leads to success
success leads to money
and money leads to romance

That's a very materialistic view of success

success leads to money

I used my intelligence to gain success and got all but one of the achievements in the game "Papers, Please" where's my money
Around age 12, quite early on, my mum is a very kind person so I learnt from her:h:
I think they're both important. I will say this for kindness though, the nicer I am and the more happiness I give out the happier I'm becoming, even though my friends are constantly taking the piss out of me for being too nice!
Reply 11
well i know I realized friendship is magic when I started watching my little pony
Well, I'm kind and intelligent, so I wouldn't know :u:

Spoiler

Intelligence is good. It's a powerful asset to have.

Being kind is even more important, it means you're able to get along with others. And that's the real determinant of how you'll do in the real world.
Cant I have both?
Original post by Boondock Saint
That's a very materialistic view of success

capitalism is the heart of what drives my life along with a minor drinking problem, a cigar addiction and occasional dabbles with cocaine as well as a desires to own the nicest things available and well i need about £300,000 a year to fulfill the lifestyle i selected
Original post by GUMI
well i know I realized friendship is magic when I started watching my little pony

Original post by Alexion
Well, I'm kind and intelligent, so I wouldn't know :u:

Spoiler

Seems legit :mmm:
Original post by Imperion
Seems legit :mmm:

:cookie:
It isn't though
capitalism is the heart of what drives my life along with a minor drinking problem, a cigar addiction and occasional dabbles with cocaine as well as a desires to own the nicest things available and well i need about £300,000 a year to fulfill the lifestyle i selected

That sounds pukka

Quick Reply

Latest