The Student Room Group

Study leave

My school is not granting us study leave until May half term. Half of our exams will be done by then and i really want to have study leave before to ensure productive revision. what should i do to make the school legally grant me study leave?
That's the same with us. And you can't change their decision now.
Reply 2
Unfortunately it is up to the school! But trust me when I did my gcses, going to lessons and revising with the teachers was very helpful!
Just miss a couple of days of school and stay at home and revise.
Apparently study leave is illegal.
This question keeps being asked, seriously just go on your own study leave.
Original post by DeadEnd_96
Just miss a couple of days of school and stay at home and revise.

Lol, I did that and my school threatened to expel me haha. I was like "just suspend me already" but apparently they can't suspend me at this stage, they can only expel me. My attendance is so bad :frown:
Original post by siddique247
Lol, I did that and my school threatened to expel me haha. I was like "just suspend me already" but apparently they can't suspend me at this stage, they can only expel me. My attendance is so bad :frown:

Really? did you miss a lot of school during the year?
Lol, yeah. My punctuality is bad too.
Reply 9
Original post by shlokz12
My school is not granting us study leave until May half term. Half of our exams will be done by then and i really want to have study leave before to ensure productive revision. what should i do to make the school legally grant me study leave?

I don't think you can do anything about it now, sadly. However, if you're really desperate for study leave and believe that you'll be able to work well at home, maybe just take a few days off?
Reply 10
Original post by luciie
I don't think you can do anything about it now, sadly. However, if you're really desperate for study leave and believe that you'll be able to work well at home, maybe just take a few days off?

okay, yeah thats what i was planning...thanks!
Reply 11
Original post by siddique247

Oh wow! In my case I have only a taken a day off in the entire academic year! so hopefully if i take at least 3 days off it shouldnt be bad...
Reply 12
Original post by Iyla
Unfortunately it is up to the school! But trust me when I did my gcses, going to lessons and revising with the teachers was very helpful!

It must have been, but the thing is I keep getting distracted, which is one of the main reasons I want to stay at home :s-smilie:
My mums calling in tomorrow to say I am sick. So I have the whole of next week to revise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine starts 16th but my first exam is 17th lool
do you have to follow a formal timetable? or is it just studying in the library / canteen / classrooms? because whats the point in going to a subject that you'd sat the week before? if it's just studying in school then it's not that much of a deal just take earphones and don't sit with your friends

Quick Reply

Latest