The Student Room Group

Pregnant student nurse

Hi all I’m due in march 2024.
I am a student nurse, has anyone given birth and gone straight back?
!!! you need to inform your occupational health team at the very least. You may also want to discuss this with your year lead tutor(s) and the University itself. I have known people with children complete University studies, I would also start looking for a nursery place immediately as they are often in short supply.
Reply 2
Original post by laurahartshorne
Hi all I’m due in march 2024.
I am a student nurse, has anyone given birth and gone straight back?

Hi Laura ☺️☺️

Hope you are well and everything going well with your pregnancy x

Are you been told to take maternity leave around 11 weeks prior to giving birth to your child... Although as long as you are fine then there's nothing stopping you continuing your studying right up to giving birth. Only drawback with continuing your studying is if you call of sick due to it then you are normally automatically put on maternity leave.

I wouldn't recommend going back to your studying straight away, perhaps give yourself some time to recover especially if you have to have a C-SECTION which means you'll not be back anytime soon. You'll have to give your university a estimated date of returning if you are not taking the full amount of maternity leave. Occupational health team will support you through things okay.

Make sure you have childcare in place for when you eventually return to your studying.

Do you know what you'll be doing in March ( as in would you be on university studying weeks or on placement weeks... Reasons why I'm asking you is that you might be able to continue with your university studying weeks at home doing it online as you can discuss it with your university course leader to do that and you can catch up with any placements hours you'll lose when you are back on your coursework, all that is arranged by your university course leader and placement officer.

Best wishes for your upcoming delivery of your baby 😘😘🍼🍼

A NHS registered midwife
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending