The Student Room Group

Do you have to use Bible quotations in GCSE RE?

Hi,

I'm taking Edexcel GCSE RE (Units 3 & 8), my first exam is on the 16th.
I think I know the material really well, so if I can answer with detail and enough points for each question, do I have to any quotations?

I'm really bad at learning them, but can easily say things such as 'St Paul said to obey the government,' and 'Jesus said to love your neighbour.'
Is that enough to get a good A*?

Thanks a lot!
Reply 1
Original post by ib4
Hi,

I'm taking Edexcel GCSE RE (Units 3 & 8), my first exam is on the 16th.
I think I know the material really well, so if I can answer with detail and enough points for each question, do I have to any quotations?

I'm really bad at learning them, but can easily say things such as 'St Paul said to obey the government,' and 'Jesus said to love your neighbour.'
Is that enough to get a good A*?

Thanks a lot!

I've always said simple things like that in my mocks and end of unit tests and it never stopped me from getting an A/A*. You should be fine :smile:
Reply 2
ib4
OP
Original post by luciie
I've always said simple things like that in my mocks and end of unit tests and it never stopped me from getting an A/A*. You should be fine :smile:

Well that's good then, it's just so hard to remember them! I just thought that maybe not directly quoting might bar you from A*.
Reply 3
Original post by ib4
Well that's good then, it's just so hard to remember them! I just thought that maybe not directly quoting might bar you from A*.

You don't have to directly quote them, but my RE teacher is a bit picky, and if you say something you need to say where it's from (but 'from the Gospels' is fine)

Quick Reply

Latest