The Student Room Group

Ocr economics f581 (16/05) and/or f582 (23/05) retakes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by ismail98
The only 18 marker that hasn't been tested under this specification is: Discuss whether competitive markets always lead to allocative efficiency.... That's a strong possibility seeing as this is the last year

I'm finished if that appears, any guidance on that?
Original post by Pato1
I'm finished if that appears, any guidance on that?

Lol i know man... umm not really, which is why I've put it in here, hoping someones written a plan for it or something.
Reply 102
Are these all predictions for people retaking or for the new specification this year?
Reply 103
It's far too much of an A2 question to come up, hence why it's never appeared. I don't think we should be worrying about it too much
Can that even come up as an 18 marker? Tradable polution permits hasn't come up yet

If that q does come up do we show marker disequilibrium?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If the 18 marker is on Tradable pollution permits, what are you guys going to write in your judgements??
Reply 106
Original post by Chazmaster73
If the 18 marker is on Tradable pollution permits, what are you guys going to write in your judgements??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKgFdmzzewk

Watch this all
Reply 107
Original post by Beth_0
Are these all predictions for people retaking or for the new specification this year?

Retaking the old spec
Can anyone confirm this?

'discuss whether competitive markets always lead to allocative efficency'
That can only be a 6/ 8 marker right? Its in the competitive markets section so surely an 18 marker can't come up on it? Anyone? What would you even write for a 6 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by martinnmartin
Can anyone confirm this?

That can only be a 6/ 8 marker right? Its in the competitive markets section so surely an 18 marker can't come up on it? Anyone? What would you even write for a 6 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoke to my teacher about this and she said it wouldn't make sense for it to be an 18 marker as in theory a competitive market will always lead to allocate efficiency no matter what you do. She thinks it is more likely to come up as an 6/8 marker, but they did cover allocative efficiency last year so may not come up this year
Can anyone confirm this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For an 8 marker (6+2 maybe):
Increased competition forces firms to become more efficient.
As a result, costs of production fall.
This increases the incentive to supply, hence shifting supply to the right.
The results in an extension of demand, which results in a fall in prices and an increase in quantity demanded.
This results in a more optimal allocation of resources, hence correcting the market failure and achieving allocative efficiency.
However this may depend upon whether firms respond to the increased competition. It also depends on whether firms are able to reduce costs, as there may be high costs of production.

I doubt this question would come up, as this type of question would more likely come up on a unit 4 paper involving natural monopolies, etc, but here's a rough plan anyway.
Thanks I was worried about that, but if it comes up as an 18marker I'm going straight to OCR headquarters to sort someone out lmao.
repped btw
If you are resisting f582 do you have to learn the new spec or is it last years spec?
Seem to be getting mixed results.
Reply 113
Original post by Rk2k14
If you are resisting f582 do you have to learn the new spec or is it last years spec?
Seem to be getting mixed results.

The old spec mate. 'F582' is the examination number for the paper of the old spec.
Reply 114
Can anyone confirm this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This came up last year as a 6 marker :smile:
what can you put as a judgement for a tradeable permit question?
Original post by Pato1
The old spec mate. 'F582' is the examination number for the paper of the old spec.

Was thinking that. Looking at the new spec and its completely different. Stuff you learn in f585.

Any idea on the essay question?
Reply 117
Original post by Rk2k14
Was thinking that. Looking at the new spec and its completely different. Stuff you learn in f585.

Any idea on the essay question?

Reg/TPP/Taxes
Reply 118
What points can you make for TPP other than supply decreasing
Original post by 260498
What points can you make for TPP other than supply decreasing

what is TPP?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending