The Student Room Group

AS AQA Psychology PSYA1 Retake

How did people find the resit paper for psychology unit one (attachment and memory)? Everyone seems to me discussing the new spec paper, can't seem to find any discussion of the legacy paper.
Reply 1
It was alright I guess, although the question about the learning theory and why the child would not form an attachment had me like :s-smilie: since it was 4 marks, I just wrote a paragraph full of waffle.... Not cool.
Reply 2
Original post by ynnej
It was alright I guess, although the question about the learning theory and why the child would not form an attachment had me like :s-smilie: since it was 4 marks, I just wrote a paragraph full of waffle.... Not cool.

me too !
I was rushed for time by the end, got a bit too comfortable flicking through the whole paper at the beginning, didn't manage to finish my 12 markers which is annoying because I think i'd have been more likely to pick up marks there than on the research methods questions!

Investigator effects ?!
Qualitative i just put something like - likely to have words and description, less easy to analyse and quantitative I said likely to include numbers or be easily turned into numbers by counting or something and is easier to analyse.
The extraneous variable question threw me! I said participant variables e.g. if some of them were students - would be more used to using memory therefore confound results.
For strength of multi store model i just wrote Murdock's serial position effect
and Working memory I said it was more realistic in terms of the fact it doesn't require rehearsal and explains why we can simultaneously do visual and auditory tasks.

Overall I found the paper particularly hard compared with past papers!
Vry difficult. Much harder than past papers
cogntive interview one was a bit??? and what did people put for the learning theory one?
i put age for the extraneous variables? dont even remember what the stem was for it tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending